What is your prediction on your Bands!? (1 Viewer)

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
English: Band 6
Maths: Band 6
Science: Band 6/5
History: Band 6
Geography: Band 5/6
Computers: Band 6 (EDIT: Fine, Highly Competent)

Based on school trials, ranks and also from my crystal ball. lol I'm fairly confident.

HSC
bored of sc said:
From past experience you are going to well (provided you didn't bomb out in the exam). I got 76% in english trial but 94% in SC exam; 78% in geography trial, 98% in real SC exam.

So in summary, don't worry yourself. You did the best you can do, what's done is done. Good luck. I'm sure you did fine. :)
maybe for the school u go to its easy to score a band 6 but the case aint the same for me. in my school so far only like 3 kids have managed to score a band 6 ever since the school was established! most of the time the highest mark is a band 5. my schools 1st band 6 in advanced english was scored by this indian kid last year. the kids in my school are pretty bad in english even the ones who full read english books all the time n do everything the teacher tells them. they end up getting band 4 for their tests. i asked one of them y she didnt want a band 6 n she said it was too hard. theres just not enough motivation in my school. i came first in english in my year n thats pretty ironic judging by the fact that i only came to australia a couple of years ago.

Aznmichael92

HSC
Maths - High 6
English - High 5
Science - Low 6 or High 5
History - Low 6 or High 5
Geography - Low 6 or High 5
Computer Test - 6

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Maths - 4/5
English - 5/6
History - 5/6
Geography 5
Science - 5
Computers - 5?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
My initial thoughts were that I'd get a 6 for only maths and science... (Geography if I was lucky). But from reading how the SC exams were marked, getting 50 for writing your student number and the raw mark stuff, then I think I will get:

English: 6 (maybe a 5, but I'll stay positive)
Maths: 6
Science: 6
[Geography: 6; History: 6]
Computers: 6!! I think my mum could even get at least a band 5 in that exam. So Simple.

HSC
supercalamari said:
Maths - 4/5
English - 5/6
History - 5/6
Geography 5
Science - 5
Computers - 5?
5 for computers? come on its impossible to get below 90 in that test.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
digimonstudent said:
5 for computers? come on its impossible to get below 90 in that test.
Lol, I did it in thirty minutes. I probably screwed up at least 20 of them :D

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
BAND 7 for everything (100)

nah umm

English 5/6
Science 6
Maths 6
History & geography 6
Computers i think I will get a band 7 (100) no such thing but i like to call it 7 :D even if it wasnt 100 maybe 98? lets wait and see, (i.e. highly Competent)

camomile.tea

HSC
Computer skills: competence not demonstrated

I don't even know how I ended up on this site.

i love to act

HSC
English - 5/6
Maths - 3/4
History - 5/6
Geography - 5/6
Science - 3/4
Computer - Highly Competent.

Good luck everyone :)

robibro

HSC
His/Geo - Would love a band 6, not just for my sake, but for my class (we get a party if there are 16 or more Band 6's in the class) but probs a 4 or 5

Eng - 5

Maths - 5

Science - 4/5

Computers - Band 6 :p

byakuya kuchiki

HSC
His/Geo: 5/6
English:5/6
Science: 5/6
Computer: Highly Competent

2009 Prelim Subjects:

Maths EXT1
English EXT1
physics
chem
modern history
business studies

soporific

HSC
digimonstudent said:
i go to a REALLY DUMB public school but this is what i hope to achieve:
don't let the rank of your school direct your train of thought or ambitions and undermine your confidence in achieving admirable results.

trust me. i moved interstate last year from a rural, resource deprived area and i hope to achieve band sixes.

my current school is alright (probably one of the best non selective public schools in the state). there will be people in our year who achieve a band 2 and others who get a band 6. but our results aren't dependant on each other's marks, moreso our individual effort.

and even though i'm moving (mind you, it's due to parental pressure) i don't really think it'll make a huge difference ... except for all the so called 'glory' (???) and the 'label' of going to a good school :p

in short. if you're smart, you're smart anywhere.

p.s. sorry i'm rambling, i just have time to kill :)

byakuya kuchiki

HSC
digimonstudent said:
maybe for the school u go to its easy to score a band 6 but the case aint the same for me. in my school so far only like 3 kids have managed to score a band 6 ever since the school was established! most of the time the highest mark is a band 5. my schools 1st band 6 in advanced english was scored by this indian kid last year. the kids in my school are pretty bad in english even the ones who full read english books all the time n do everything the teacher tells them. they end up getting band 4 for their tests. i asked one of them y she didnt want a band 6 n she said it was too hard. theres just not enough motivation in my school. i came first in english in my year n thats pretty ironic judging by the fact that i only came to australia a couple of years ago.
LOL...your school still has a MUCH better history than mine...never has a student in my school scored above a Band 6 (or maybe even a Band 5) in SC and HSC before...:lol:

thats why we got pressured alot this year since we're the first selective streamed class :(

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aquawhite said:
My initial thoughts were that I'd get a 6 for only maths and science... (Geography if I was lucky). But from reading how the SC exams were marked, getting 50 for writing your student number and the raw mark stuff, then I think I will get:

English: 6 (maybe a 5, but I'll stay positive)
Science: 6
[Geography: 6; History: 6]
Computers: 6!! I think my mum could even get at least a band 5 in that exam. So Simple.
Don't be sexist.

HSC
bored of sc said:
From past experience you are going to well (provided you didn't bomb out in the exam). I got 76% in english trial but 94% in SC exam; 78% in geography trial, 98% in real SC exam.

So in summary, don't worry yourself. You did the best you can do, what's done is done. Good luck. I'm sure you did fine. :)
did u do any study at all after ur trials? or did u just not care n decide to bludge till the SC.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
10ers, chillax. I bludged all through year 10, my lowest SC mark was 88 (or something close to that). =D

HSC
lyounamu said:
Don't be sexist.
u know i dont think aquawhite was judging his mom on her gender but rather her age. in my country computers arent as widely used as they r here. a couple of weeks ago i taught my dad how to make an e-mail adress. u wont believe how much he complained during the whole procedure. he kept going whats username? whats password? y do we have to retypee username n password? y do i need a secret question if i already know my password? y is some1 already using the username i want? man it took me like 1.5 hour to get that adress made n teach him how to use email.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)