... what kind of music do you listen to while studying? (1 Viewer)

kyoto

VCD and 6 on SVCD

But friend has them on DVD...

i have no dollars for it.

KEkEkEKekKEkekE

HSC
Originally posted by SkAnDi

mercurydrinker ;

You know who GODSPEED! YOU BLACK EMPEROR IS?!?!?

MY GOD!

You are the first person i know, that has even heard of them!
AWESOME!!!!

Your the first person I know that has heard of them as well!

I've only got "Lift yr, skinny fists...", but its excellent, especially for studying, sleeping and on the bus :)

SkAnDi

HSC
Originally posted by Fradam

Pretty much what I listen to too; chillout is great for studying to. Add Chicane, Endorphin, Kiva, and Enigma too ;)
Enigma is on my list of chanting meditating music.

Chicane... has a bit more of a trancey feel to it, Tiesto, Oakie *thumbs up* Well, the new Oakie isn't as good as back in the day.

Mercury Drinker;

Silver Mount Zion/Silver Mount Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-la-la Band - a GYBE! sideproject, the very best in my opinion

I was reading an interview with the guys from GYBE, they're psychos, the lot of them haha.

I also hear's there's good stuff out by "Mono" a japanese based rock band, kinda GYBE-esque.

Same with Explosions from the Sky. *thumbs up*

For a lot softer ambience stuff, have a try of Early Day Miners, and Brian Eno.

Cheers,

Wow, someone else out there likes GYBE!!!

kyoto

Err....

I have no idea what those people are speaking...

maybe some other language...

only understood word "jap"

KEkEkekEKkekEK~

:p

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
wHy NoT kInHaN, i CaN hUrT pEoPlE's EyEs AnD lOoK lIkE aN iDiOt At ThE sAmE tImE! =P

kekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekeke

:rolleyes:

i reckon.

SkAnDi

HSC
Shush you guys.

Let's get back to the topic at hand.

HOW *thumbs up* IS ANNA PAQUIN?!?!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
lol, u can tell an honky by their kekeke's

anyway, for maths i listen to kpop (korean) music, and jap supereurobeat stuff
and for other subjects, instrumental/orchestral star wars soundtracks

SukiApple

sIf LiStEn To KoReAn aH~~~

kekekekeke

i OnLy LiStEn To HoNky Ar ... :D:D:D:D

kekekekekkeke~~

aNd WoTs WrOnG wItH kekekeek?? :D:D:D

keke

spice girl

magic mirror
most of the time I listen to sammi...she can actually sing

has anyone noticed that the two singers in 'twins' actually sound good on their own but sound shit when they sing together..? how ironic.

HSC
Shush you guys.

Let's get back to the topic at hand.

HOW *thumbs up* IS ANNA PAQUIN?!?!
She is top.

In fact my wallpaper is an Anna Paquin one atm :D.....

on a completely different note

*start rant*

Oh and for the record, I think "Cantopop" (gay chow, nick tse, twins and the like) is a really crap and derivative genre. Not only is it completely unoriginal, but it has no personality of its own, borrowing almost completely from standard western pop/dance/rap/hip hop/ R n B music. Its basically western music with cantonese/manderin and broken english....

Also I've seen these so called 'artists' perform 'live' on those award shows and specials, and NONE of them actually sing. They all lip-sync, so not only do they copy western pop music but they copy western pop music practice of lip-syncing and they can't perform their own songs live....

*end of rant*

not in a happy mood atm....

Last edited:
HSC

Enigma is on my list of chanting meditating music.

Chicane... has a bit more of a trancey feel to it, Tiesto, Oakie *thumbs up* Well, the new Oakie isn't as good as back in the day.

Mercury Drinker;

Silver Mount Zion/Silver Mount Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-la-la Band - a GYBE! sideproject, the very best in my opinion

I was reading an interview with the guys from GYBE, they're psychos, the lot of them haha.

I also hear's there's good stuff out by "Mono" a japanese based rock band, kinda GYBE-esque.

Same with Explosions from the Sky. *thumbs up*

For a lot softer ambience stuff, have a try of Early Day Miners, and Brian Eno.

Cheers,

Wow, someone else out there likes GYBE!!!
Hm...
Thanx for all the recommendations :D

I've heard OF their side project but never got a chance to listen to their stuff. btw where can I find their stuff? I'm sure you can't find them in a standard music store, will it be at the Utopia music store in the city?

Also can you recommend specific songs, so I can sample them before I commit to buying an album?

spice girl

magic mirror
Originally posted by mercurydrinker

Oh and for the record, I think "Cantopop" (gay chow, nick tse, twins and the like) is a really crap and derivative genre. Not only is it completely unoriginal, but it has no personality of its own, borrowing almost completely from standard western pop/dance/rap/hip hop/ R n B music. Its basically western music with cantonese/manderin and broken english....
Almost all? Probably not. Give us some examples..?

Originally posted by mercurydrinker
Also I've seen these so called 'artists' perform 'live' on those award shows and specials, and NONE of them actually sing. They all lip-sync, so not only do they copy western pop music but they copy western pop music practice of lip-syncing and they can't perform their own songs live....
They all lip-sync? Give examples. Some of the crap singers lip-sync because they can't sing and dance at the same time. You can usually tell if it's sync because if it's not it should sound funni...

HSC
Originally posted by spice girl

Almost all? Probably not. Give us some examples..?

They all lip-sync? Give examples. Some of the crap singers lip-sync because they can't sing and dance at the same time. You can usually tell if it's sync because if it's not it should sound funni...
Nick Tse, Gay Chow, The Twins... I haven't heard everything but I've heard enough crap to pollute my ears for the rest of my life...

They lip-sync indeed they do, I'm not sure about their actual concerts, but I'm absolutely postive about the special presentations and award shows in their home countries. aforementioned examples, and alot of other that I don't even know their names...

Oh and for your information Victoria Adams, a spice girl, was caught lip-syncing in a REAL concert. Her headset microphone fell off during her dancing and she was booed off stage and was forced to sing for REAL. Lip-syncing is everywhere, practically all pop stars use it. Have you ever seen Pepsi live? Theres a perfect example, practically every pop singer their lip syncs, Britney, S Club, Steps, Cher etc. etc.

kyoto

J-Rock do not lip sync.

Specially Visual Kei Bands...

KEkEKkekek~

X-JApan!~

:D

HSC
Originally posted by kyoto
J-Rock do not lip sync.

Specially Visual Kei Bands...

KEkEKkekek~

X-JApan!~

:D
Well I havn't heard of them...

But I'm sure I'll hate them when I listen to them :D

HSC
Originally posted by kyoto
Do you like rock... not pop rock....?
Rock is such a broad genre....

But I like: Alternative, Alternative rock, Ambient, Post-Rock, Electronica...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)