What Language is cooler? (1 Viewer)

Oxbridge

HSC
N/A
'Coolest' language would be Russian or Danish, cold over there!;)
English is THE language, those who don't know it will soon need to know it, so-much-so that Universities around Europe etc are offering university courses in English to encourage overseas students. Also, you can't get by in India now without knowing English (another advantage of British imperialism:pirate:). It's been a common myth that Chinese will be 'the' language to know, but 'Krudd' seems the only one who has followed this mantra.

I agree with Latin, great language to historians, solicitors etc and is used in everyday life (Roman imperialism;)).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
'Coolest' language would be Russian or Danish, cold over there!;)
English is THE language, those who don't know it will soon need to know it, so-much-so that Universities around Europe etc are offering university courses in English to encourage overseas students. Also, you can't get by in India now without knowing English (another advantage of British imperialism:pirate:). It's been a common myth that Chinese will be 'the' language to know, but 'Krudd' seems the only one who has followed this mantra.

I agree with Latin, great language to historians, solicitors etc and is used in everyday life (Roman imperialism;)).
English WAS the language to know, what comes between now and the next few centuries remains to be seen.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
English WAS the language to know, what comes between now and the next few centuries remains to be seen.
Unless we fall into the Dark Ages again, it's definately going to be the basic second language spoken across the world during the 21st century, and probably in the 22nd as well.

Last edited:

Mazz2009

HSC
N/A
SPANISH BY FAR! Its easy to learn!

Its a sexy language.........:eek:

Oxbridge

HSC
N/A
Although we can't speculate on languages of the future you'd have to think that English would be the universal language, my only hope is that it's English and not 'American' English ( a 'dumbed down' version of English!):hat:!

Oxbridge

HSC
N/A
Yes we can...? You can speculate on anything? :S
Well pointed out, I must have been half asleep at the time! I suppose what I was triyng to say is that we won't know for sure but we CAN speculate that English will be the dominant language (at least for busniness) for the future.

X

xeuyrawp

Well pointed out, I must have been half asleep at the time! I suppose what I was triyng to say is that we won't know for sure but we CAN speculate that English will be the dominant language (at least for busniness) for the future.
Psht, you'd be kicked out of either Oxbridge for that mistake. ;-P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)