What Level of English do you do? (1 Viewer)

?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
BackCountrySnow said:
noo...

^
that does not work.
If you look at the context of my post, "English (Standard)" refers to the name of the course. So you don't use "a"or "an". You don't say "A Jack came to my house". Do you?

BackCountrySnow

HSC
lyounamu said:
If you look at the context of my post, "English (Standard)" refers to the name of the course. So you don't use "a"or "an". You don't say "A Jack came to my house". Do you?
Lol, gosh Namu. That's completely different...

You don't say:

you are physics student

or

you are maths student

so why would you say:

you are english student.

You say it like this:
you are a physics student.
You are a maths student.
YOU ARE AN ENGLISH STUDENT!

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
lyounamu said:
You don't say "A Jack came to my house". Do you?
this sentence rocks because a jack WILL be coming to your house :eek:

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Namu, you are new to Australia.
Your english is far from perfect.

I'm not attacking you because of this, I'm just correcting you so you can improve your english.

slickerthnsleek

HSC
Advanced. To hell with Extension.

I actually applied to do Standard but the Head of English told me to do Advanced, and if I didn't like it, I could drop. Still there, getting in the 90s.

lolcal

buy my notes
HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
for real. and not a week goes by without some student/teacher/adult subtlely telling me that dropping extension 1 was the worst decision of my life.

lol omg i love u lyounamu :eek: CAL GET THE ADOPTION PAPERS QUICK NOW GO GO
oh my god we get to hug lyounamu :shy:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
BackCountrySnow said:
Lol, gosh Namu. That's completely different...

You don't say:

you are physics student

or

you are maths student

so why would you say:

you are english student.

You say it like this:
you are a physics student.
You are a maths student.
YOU ARE AN ENGLISH STUDENT!
I will stop debating on this because it won't get anywhere.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
lyounamu said:
???

I didn't make any grammar error back then. And you don't put "an" before the word "English".
:)

ps: 3u eng cuz 4u wuz so ghey loel

BackCountrySnow

HSC
lyounamu said:
I will stop debating on this because it won't get anywhere.
lol, stop being so bull-headed. Just read my last post it will improve your english...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
BackCountrySnow said:
lol, stop being so bull-headed. Just read my last post it will improve your english...
I DID read your thread. I was not being bull-headed. It is just that I stick to my opinion as you do to yours. I sincerely appreciate your correction but I don't think it will necessarily improve my English in anyway because I object your opinion.

I think there was misconception of the context in which I put my opinion forward. And please discontinue your pedantic "corrections". Even if I got it wrong (even though I object to this), your last responses have seemed to have a go at my ability to write English, let alone making few errors. Humans are born that way. It is impossible not to make mistakes and you realised that you wrote wrongly before you edited yours. (I am referring to your correction when you wrote "implied")

BackCountrySnow

HSC
lyounamu said:
I DID read your thread. I was not being bull-headed. It is just that I stick to my opinion as you do to yours. I sincerely appreciate your correction but I don't think it will necessarily improve my English in anyway because I object your opinion.

I think there was misconception of the context in which I put my opinion forward. And please discontinue your pedantic "corrections". Even if I got it wrong (even though I object to this), your last responses have seemed to have a go at my ability to write English, let alone making few errors. Humans are born that way. It is impossible not to make mistakes and you realised that you wrote wrongly before you edited yours. (I am referring to your correction when you wrote "implied")
I'm not having a go at you. This has nothing to do with mistakes at all. ut just for the recod, no i didn't make a mistake, i just felt that post was a bit harsh so I edited it.

I have lived all my life in Australia. English is the only language I can speak. So I know how it's done.

It is not a matter of opinion. There is no two ways about it. So it's pointless to say 'I'll stick to my opinion', you're fairly new to Australia, you've got a lot to learn about the english language.

WannaBang?

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
I'm not having a go at you. This has nothing to do with mistakes at all. ut just for the recod, no i didn't make a mistake, i just felt that post was a bit harsh so I edited it.

I have lived all my life in Australia. English is the only language I can speak. So I know how it's done.

It is not a matter of opinion. There is no two ways about it. So it's pointless to say 'I'll stick to my opinion', you're fairly new to Australia, you've got a lot to learn about the english language.
Sweetheart, for the majority of my life I primarily spoke Arabic at home, and it wasn't till I was about 8 that I began to really learn the English language. Prior to that I only spoke dabbles of it. Nowadays I'm one of the top standard english students, and guess what, I'm beating quite a few students who are Australian and speak only English.

Taekwondo is the only form of Karate I now, and so does that make me an expert in it?

Speaking English all your life is not an indicator of how much you know and doesn't make you smarter than anyone else.

Last edited:

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:

you should stfu

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
WannaBang? said:
Sweetheart, for the majority of my life I primarily spoke Arabic at home, and it wasn't till I was about 8 that I began to really learn the English language. Prior to that I only spoke dabbles of it. Nowadays I'm one of the top standard english students, and guess what, I'm beating quite a few students who are Australian and speak only English.

Taekwondo is the only form of Karate I now, and so does that make me an expert in it?

Speaking English all your life is not an indicator of how much you know and doesn't make you smarter than anyone else.
Good point :).

Backcountrysnow, ever heard of illiterate bogans? It doesn’t mean that the whole born population of Australia speaking only one language knows how it’s done...Exaggerate and patronise much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)