what mark for a 98? (1 Viewer)

LostAuzzie

HSC
I just finished doing the 2001 paper then started looking at the standards package for 2001 and noticed that for questions 6 and 7 (in which I only got 5 marks for each) even the Band E3/4 students left out the larger parts of these questions or only half answered them.
I got stuck on those two questions but when I looked over the answers afterwards they weren't that bad. So I guess it all just comes down to timing and the fact that it's harder to think straight under these conditions.

acmilan said:
Although the HSC doesnt seem like the hardest exams available, and you will undoubtedly do harder ones, theres a huge difference between doing trials at school and practice papers at home and doing the actual HSC exam.
So would you say subtract 5 or 10 marks from what you get when you practice to get a better idea of how you might go in the HSC?

香港!

HSC
Vampire said:
Ummm then why do people get 80+ in trials while only a few get 80+ in the hsc? I don't think it's the difficulty...
in schools sometimes ppl get replacement questions or change certain questions which could make things a lot easier
and also some teachers don't mark things properly...

damo676767

HSC
antwan2bu said:
i dont like that
that is just stupid, it should be how individuals go
what if u have a shit teacher or shit classmates, everyone goes down.

yes your mark depends on how well youe class goes

but if your class is shit then you mark will be higer abover the adverage than it would be if you had a good class

so in the end, it all works out fair

if you have a shit teachure, and dont learn as much,, then your not as goos and that is why you wont get a good mark. nothing the bos can do then

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
acmilan said:
Although the HSC doesnt seem like the hardest exams available, and you will undoubtedly do harder ones, theres a huge difference between doing trials at school and practice papers at home and doing the actual HSC exam. I could normally finish 3 unit papers well before the 2 hours, but unfortunately in the actual HSC exam i didnt get up to the last binomial question and I had to rush the SHM one, so that was like an auto minus 5-6 marks there and then. The fact that I got 75 was pretty surprising, because it meant i only lost like 3-4 marks out of the questions that I did, which wasnt my impression when I left the exam.
how u know u got 75 then?

dawso

HSC
i think i remember reading about this last year.....

did u claim freedom of information or wat did u hav 2 do 2 find out ur raw mark?

dawso

HSC
ah so that thing on ur results that allows u 2 pay for a recheck of the calculations lets u also find out ur raw marks.....mmmk den, cheers

Antwan23q

God
HSC
can i apply for the hsc test paper before the date with the freedom of information act?

ishq

brown?
HSC
:D

Just like they can ask for the answers with the dictatorship of BoS act.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
antwan2bu said:
can i apply for the hsc test paper before the date with the freedom of information act?

no, theres many clauses that help maintain the integrity of Examinations.

dawso

HSC
antwan2bu said:
err that was a joke
yeah...u gotta realise some people on this forum just dont get jokes, just like when i said i liked kid courageous, and said that they had musical ability and werent just lil emo bitches...now that was funny!!!

justchillin

HSC
I got 96 course mark last year and I estimated mine to be about 75/84 at the very least... so 98 i would be thinking 76+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)