What marks are you getting in the official ACER UMAT practice tests? (1 Viewer)

Joga Bonito

HSC
hey all, i was looking around but couldn't find any threads on what sort marks people are getting in the official ACER umat practice tests? i've done the volume 2 half test and i got:
16/22 section 1
16/18 section 2
14/15 section 3
i've heard that these are much easier then the real UMAT, which has got me really worried, so what hav you guys been getting?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
section 1, i think i got 16 and 17 out of 22
section 2, i got 15 and 15 out of 18
section 3, i got 14 and 13 out of 15

in the actual umat i got 204 (99th percentile)
the acer booklets arent really an indicative of the actual umat where questions are much harder. dont spend too much time on them. just use them as extra practice they only have answers and no solutions.
i disagreed with a few of the answers.

one tip, a lot of the umat-style (even some that will be used in the actual umat) can be found in other exams written by acer. and past papers for those exams do exist if u know where to look...
REP ME!!!:):headbang:

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
hey all, i was looking around but couldn't find any threads on what sort marks people are getting in the official ACER umat practice tests? i've done the volume 2 half test and i got:
16/22 section 1
16/18 section 2
14/15 section 3
i've heard that these are much easier then the real UMAT, which has got me really worried, so what hav you guys been getting?

Not MUCH easier. But relatively easier then the real UMAT. The reason being is that they are based around earlier UMAT papers, that is the 1990s. The problem is, is that each year the UMAT has been getting harder and harder. So yeah.

Although. Even though I havn't done it, those are pretty good I'd say.

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
I did the Acer Practice Questions Volume 1 (2nd Ed) yesterday.
Sect 1: 18/22
Sect 2: 18/18
Sect 3: 13/15

Yeah I agree that the Acer booklets seem easier than the actual UMAT as described by ex-UMATees. I have also completed some practice questions from MedEntry and they are a lot harder than the Acer booklets. But the MedEntry guys do say that their tests may be harder than the UMAT, I don't know if thats accurate or not.

PS FreshOffTheBoat: where do we find these exams you talk of? You mean rep for answer????

Last edited:

freq707

HSC
i to am extreeemely curious as to where to get these exams

in acer books i got
i got 17/22 for section 1
15/18 section 2
12/15 section 3
i think that was the green book...

but sooo worried that i wont do enough prep as ive never taken umat before and pretty much all i want this year is to go good in umat...then maybe good in interview if all works out ;) haha

i got like....10 F2F papers to get through as well, how do they go in comparison to actual umat anyone know??

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
i have heard f2f is the next best after medentry. but maybe thats also based on their private tutoring classes. but the quality of the practice exams wouldnt be bad. they would certainly b better than those of some of the other umat prep courses.

rheyn

HSC
Yeah the ACER practice papers are too easy, I think the full length Practise Exams on MedEntry or from Face2Face are better.

My scores were:

Section 1: 22 out of 22

Section 2: 17 out of 18 (lol Damn it!!! I disagree with the "correct" answer)

Section 3: 15 out of 15

I despise section 2!

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
Yeah the ACER practice papers are too easy, I think the full length Practise Exams on MedEntry or from Face2Face are better.

My scores were:

Section 1: 22 out of 22

Section 2: 17 out of 18 (lol Damn it!!! I disagree with the "correct" answer)

Section 3: 15 out of 15

I despise section 2!
holy crap those marks are good.

for vol 1, i got
section 1: 16/22
section 2: 17/18
section 3: 14/15

i beat you by 1, OP :D

EDIT: 300th post! :)

Last edited:

medicinestudent

HSC
one tip, a lot of the umat-style (even some that will be used in the actual umat) can be found in other exams written by acer. and past papers for those exams do exist if u know where to look...
Clever. Really smart.

Shows there's always a way for those who look hard enough. :tennisclap:

JEDL

HSC
Guys, I'm consistently doing bad (in general) across all practice tests (ACER)...

• Section 1- Usually I get 55% (usually lower or below 50%) of my answers right...I try to read and digest information but I always make the mistake of either assuming something (which is a fatal) or losing excessive time by reading and analysing the information again and again...any tips on improving this section?
  • Section 2- Its sorta bad around 60-65% on average. I find my performance here as very inconsistent. Its because I either do really bad in this section (with 52% being the lowest), or I do really well (with 86% being my highest in the 1st Practice test). I occasionally get lost with some of the words in the choices (English isn't my first language) and sometimes end up guessing choices.
  • Section 3- The only section where I'm pretty sure I've improved with a steady increase from 55% (or something) to 65% of correct answers. After seeing prep videos from the site, finishing some questions were a breeze as few patterns where already familiar and recognizable. I still get caught up with some patterns though.
Overall, I think I'm getting around 60% of my answers correct. I've been hearing a lot that this was supposed to be considerably easier than the actual UMAT so I'm very much worried. And with less than a month to prepare, does this mean I'm screwed? :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)