What method do your teachers use for giving out notes? (1 Viewer)

dim-sims

HSC
E.g. Chalkboard, smart board, dictation etc.

+ is there method your prefer over others?

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
What you do mean what method do your teachers use for giving out notes? Could you maybe clarify?

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
A variety: which includes whiteboard, smartboard, notes and dictating.

I got a high Band 5 in Standard English at that time, but my teacher wasn't that great in terms of giving out examples. Times where he would show us random or unusual pics examples during our study of Belonging. The class would also not listen and carry on talking about's of their social lives while he was teaching, he couldn't/never handled the class as an average teacher. I had suspected he had some Autistic/ADHD disorder because he mentioned his son has ASD while we were studying the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.

Nevertheless, I told him he helped me in getting a high Band 5, even though it was my own study + my tutor.

dim-sims

HSC
What you do mean what method do your teachers use for giving out notes? Could you maybe clarify?
E.g
In economics my teacher dictates the notes from text book for us to write down and sometimes we just have to summarise it ourselves from the text book.
In legal studies my teacher summarises it and then projects it on the smart board for us to copy down.

Yup, probably could have phrased the question better :/
But I'm just curious as to whether people prefer one way over another because I personally do.

d-alarmclock

HSC
For chemistry, my teacher has a PowerPoint she works off, and along with it she hands out a sheet. The ppt is a summarised version of the sheet. And then she tells us to go over the textbook ourselves at home. At the end of each dot-point we do past papers. I make notes during her lectures.

Physics, its mostly him explaining a dot-point, and then he writes up a quick summary on the whiteboard. At the end of each dot-point we have to hand in chapter summary from a textbook.

With society and culture, usually we have class discussion and scenarios. And if we have any trouble, we bring it up with the whole class. If further explanation is needed, we see the teacher at lunch or recess for a one-on-one. I make my own notes during her lectures.

Personally, I prefer the copying out from a board or discussions, just because I learn better wen I write things out. I mean, everything's different for each student.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)