What motivates you to exercise? (1 Viewer)

zaadee

HSC
So what motivates us on here to exercise, e.g. cycling or something? Music? Usually I need music haha. I never used to, getting spoiled now

I mean because I rock-climb I don't need to exercise anyway, and for those that play sports you won't need to reply to this thread
But sometimes I just feel the need to exercise but can't be bothered

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
zaadee said:
So what motivates us on here to exercise, e.g. cycling or something? Music? Usually I need music haha. I never used to, getting spoiled now

I mean because I rock-climb I don't need to exercise anyway, and for those that play sports you won't need to reply to this thread
But sometimes I just feel the need to exercise but can't be bothered
My passion for basketball.
When I'm playing, I feel like a person with hyper energy and coordination. Basketball turns me on mentally.

I also workout in the gym doing proper weight training for basketball in which I should and need. I haven't been doing any exercise since Jan 11th after I've been diagnosed with a knee injury. Surprisingly, my weight stayed EXACTLY the same except my body shrunk and muscles have gotten really lose. I look pretty skinny now even though I haven't gained or lost an ounce.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I just do it, go for a run with friends and heaps of sports facility at school. Usually just go to the gym, squash, swim, soccer, or touch afterschool.

NinjaSauce

HSC
Because i dont want to be a shamful and disgusting fat body.

Its a pretty damn good reason right there.

HSC
Because I don't feel like being a fat bastard?

Seeing as how I spend 100% of my spare time on the computer, I feel the need to do a lot of exercise to balance out my lifestyle.

Plus it's fun, and it's always good to kick people's arse at things, which occurs when you've been training hard for a long time - and it won't happen by accident.

What amazes me are the people who DON'T exercise. Like, wtf is wrong with you? What can be more important than health in life?

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lmao , uhh , when I see my friends` huge biceps and all , makes me think "damn .. shouldnta been so lazy" lmao.
I guess its more like competition :p

NinjaSauce

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
Probably bodybuilders, aka n00bs.
I fully acknowledge i am going off topic, but...

What? Bodybuilder = Noob? Thats a hugely, immensely broad statement.

Are you one of those simple-minded "bodybuilders can't be strong, powerlifters are the fo-shizzle" type of people?

If so, i'd say your the 'n00b'.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
magpam said:
harlo melz !

Callistemon said:
I'm sure when obese people look down and they can't see their feet . . . they get pretty motivated.
LOL , that`s actually a pretty good point.
Either that , or they`ll slip into depression I guess.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
NinjaSauce said:
I fully acknowledge i am going off topic, but...

Are you one of those simple-minded "bodybuilders can't be strong, powerlifters are the fo-shizzle" type of people?

If so, i'd say your the 'n00b'.
Lol yeah I didn`t really get what he meant either.
I`ll wait for him to explain though :p

HSC
NinjaSauce said:

I don't really see the point in bodybuilding, that's all.

But mainly what I meant was, if those friends were doing weights for bodybuilding, they probably aren't very strong, seeing as how they couldn't have done it for a significant portion of their life at least.

Idk.....

Pace_T

HSC
some people do it becoz they want to improve their appearance/physique. its a hobby for some and others like the burn. if you don't enjoy it, simply dont do it, thats all.

as for me, what motivates me right now is nothing. thats why im not doing exercising lol. but every summer holidays i get back into it. i think its all the free time that encourages me. i enjoy the feeling and it keeps me busy.

quik.

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
I don't really see the point in bodybuilding, that's all.

But mainly what I meant was, if those friends were doing weights for bodybuilding, they probably aren't very strong, seeing as how they couldn't have done it for a significant portion of their life at least.

Idk.....
What?

You don't have to see the point of it, just don't hate on it for no reason.

I also don't understand what you mean about strong. Bodybuilders arn't strong? Ronnie Coleman, Dextor Jackson, Flex Wheeler, Frank McGrath... none of these people are strong?

Apart from that, strength isn't the point. The weight on the bar is a means to an end.

Your last point about them not being actively bodybuilding for a significant portion of their life is just retarded. You make your best gains when you start, provided you eat and train right. You won't ever see your strength / weight go up as much as when you first started out.

Either read up and learn or don't speak about what you don't seem to have any idea about.

Edit: Not really sure what motivates me. I just like lifting and want to be big, so I'm heading in that direction.

HSC
quik. said:
What?

You don't have to see the point of it, just don't hate on it for no reason.

I also don't understand what you mean about strong. Bodybuilders arn't strong? Ronnie Coleman, Dextor Jackson, Flex Wheeler, Frank McGrath... none of these people are strong?

Apart from that, strength isn't the point. The weight on the bar is a means to an end.

Your last point about them not being actively bodybuilding for a significant portion of their life is just retarded. You make your best gains when you start, provided you eat and train right. You won't ever see your strength / weight go up as much as when you first started out.

Either read up and learn or don't speak about what you don't seem to have any idea about.
Errr, I do know what I'm talking about...

Yes, bodybuilders aren't strong...in relative terms. I ask you this, take a powerlifter and a bodybuilder, each weighting 200 pounds. Which one do you think will be able to bench, deadlift and squat more?

And yes, it's obvious that the biggest gains are made when starting, but strength if relative. If they have only been doing it for say 1 year, they are obviously nowhere near as strong as someone who has done it for 10 years.

quik.

HSC
Er no you don't.

Relatively, of course a powerlifter is stronger. They train specifically to put more weight up on the bar. They also use suits, wraps etc to squeeze out every last possible pound.

This doesn't mean that bodybuilders arn't strong. Heaps of bodybuilders compete in powerlifting in the offseason. They might not put up the numbers that nationally ranked powerlifters do, but this doesn't mean all they can lift is the pink 2kg dumbbells.

Also, no shit someone who has been training for a decade is better than someone who has trained for a year. I don't understand what point you were trying to make there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)