What perfume are you wearing at the moment? (2 Viewers)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
:(
is it because it's too synthetic smelling or something?

private sale on overclockers
50ml so i probably saved 20-30 bucks
i just think that there are fragrances that use tobacco and chocolate in a much more subtle or even just better way. i just find it repulsive and cheap smelling. sorry :(:(

johony

HSC
i just think that there are fragrances that use tobacco and chocolate in a much more subtle or even just better way. i just find it repulsive and cheap smelling. sorry :(:(
sok. yeah the seller explicitly said it gave him a headache hahah
i liked it on the few times i've tried it on, so i'll be interested to see if i've taken a moderately priced gamble, since i paid $130 last time for platinum egoiste and that wasn't too incredible either.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
sok. yeah the seller explicitly said it gave him a headache hahah
i liked it on the few times i've tried it on, so i'll be interested to see if i've taken a moderately priced gamble, since i paid $130 last time for platinum egoiste and that wasn't too incredible either.
the original egoiste is meant to be better. have you tried that?

johony

HSC
the original egoiste is meant to be better. have you tried that?
yeah i have, i was going for that instead of the platinum initially; but being young and stupid i opted for the more citrus based, fresher smelling cologne like i have in the past with acqua di gio and lynx africa.

i didn't plan to buy anything until i saw a*men for cheap, so eh.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
yeah i have, i was going for that instead of the platinum initially; but being young and stupid i opted for the more citrus based, fresher smelling cologne like i have in the past with acqua di gio and lynx africa.

i have a sample of the original egoiste that i just sprayed. i am enjoying it very much, actually. i totally get that though, there are so many of those fresh manly lynx-esque fragrances around that just scream adolescence, but this one is still overtly masculine but not so strong. I can't remember what the platinum one is like

johony

HSC
i have a sample of the original egoiste that i just sprayed. i am enjoying it very much, actually. i totally get that though, there are so many of those fresh manly lynx-esque fragrances around that just scream adolescence, but this one is still overtly masculine but not so strong. I can't remember what the platinum one is like
not only that, but citrus fragrances are basically the majority of the mens cologne market. i swear that pretty much these new popular colognes smell all the same.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC

you should try lancome hypnose

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
The best way would be to go and try these yourself but here are some ideas to take with you in any case. If you can convince your mum not to worry about price, go into the myer in the city, go to the mecca cosmetics section near the fragrance and ask to speak to clint. he is one of the only males i've seen there, super tall with quiff hair.

He is AMAZING with perfume and totally non-imposing so if you tell him what you want, your price range and what you currently wear he should be able to recommend something for you even if it's not from the niche fragrances they sell there.

Sarah Jessica Parker - Covet

notes: geranium, lemon, chocolate, lavender, honeysuckle, musk, amber.

it's one of the only celebrity fragrances that I have ever liked. The chocolate is rather strong in it, (I know you mentioned you liked foodie fragrances) but all in all it's rather green and fresh.

Armani Code for Women

notes: orange, jasmine, vanilla, honey

I absolutely love this fragrance but I have never bought it because strong vanilla afterscent often gives me a headache. It's spicy but sweet, and the vanilla is very long lasting. It's written up to be oranegy but on my skin I have never noticed that.

Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche

notes: citron, hyacinth, jasmine, musk, vetiver, amber

I have always thought that the lingering smell this leaves on me is so vanillary but vanilla isn't listed as one of its main notes. It's incredibly fresh so you may not like it as much as other soft florals, but I enjoy it's very subtle fruitiness.

Serge Lutens Feminite du Bois

notes: cedarwood, orange blossom, rose, violet, honey, plum, beeswax, clove, cardamom and cinnamon

Probably my top recommendation for what you are after. I adore this fragrance. It's classed as an oriental floral and it's just gorgeously delicate. It was originally launched for shiseido but then serge lutens released it under his own name using exactly the same ingredients but adjusting the quantities of each. They sell this in the Mecca in Myer in the city but I can't remember for how much. From memory 50ml was <$200 but you will have to double check.

Diptyque L'eau de Tarocco

notes: orange, grapefruit, saffron, cinnamon, rose, ginger, cedar, incense, musk

I wear this regularly at the moment on hot summer days. It's definitely one of my all time favourites and smells pretty much exactly like blood oranges for the first half an hour until it softens into this lovely soft spice/floral combination. It may be tricky to buy, internets ahoy!
ooh thanks, I'll go check some of them out, so much choice omg

the armani and the serge lutens one sound really nice especially

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
ooh thanks, I'll go check some of them out, so much choice omg

the armani and the serge lutens one sound really nice especially
the serge lutens and the diptyque are my favourites, but i think code or feminite du bois probably suit what you are looking for the best. mecca cosmetica in the city stocks serge lutens and last time i went there they had a sampler of it out. code is readily available from everywhere

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
hey guyz

I pretty much know I'm getting perfume for Christmas, mum wants suggestions but idk

I like perfume that smells...like, food? lol like vanilla, cinnamon, spicy type scents or fruity stuff. Also okay with soft floral scents as well.

Any suggestions?
i think you should check out tom ford's "black orchid" and narciso rodriguez "for her"

both are beautiful fragrances but are a little pricey.

also, i fucking hate marc jacob's daisy - especially the one in the black bottle.

also, i like joop for men but my ex boyfriend used to wear it so now when i smell it i get angry lol.

sydchick

HSC
N/A
also, i like joop for men but my ex boyfriend used to wear it so now when i smell it i get angry lol.[/quote]</p>
Aww, men are pigs (that wasn't sarcasm btw. Some are)+1. LOL. I always sneak a few sprays of my boyfriend's Joop too. Fucking smells soo good. He almost always knows hehe (he's not a pig, thank fuck)Other than that, I usually wear perfume when I'm about to go out but for day-to-day stuff I usually can't be bothered. I just spray some Impulse Tease on along with Rexona for school/work and that's it.

ay0_x

HSC
every guy i know wears joop i'm so over it.

i'm wearing gucci envy me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)