what rank shall is maintain to get a UAI of 95+ (1 Viewer)

123ash

HSC
hi, everyone. i just got my mid yearly ranks for year 11 in my school
Maths Extention rank 8/50
Maths rank 10/90
Chemistry rank 6/58
Physics rank 6/54
English Advanced rank 26/55 lol
IPT rank 7/25
if i maintain such ranks till HSC can anyone estimate my UAI in the state??
Will i make a UAI till 95+

bored of sc

HSC
We need to know what your marks are and how hard/easy your school assessments are to give you a more realistic indication.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: what rank shall is maintain to get a UAI of 95+

year 11 ranks are useless.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
123ash said:
hi, everyone. i just got my mid yearly ranks for year 11 in my school
Maths Extention rank 8/50
Maths rank 10/90
Chemistry rank 6/58
Physics rank 6/54
English Advanced rank 26/55 lol
IPT rank 7/25
if i maintain such ranks till HSC can anyone estimate my UAI in the state??
Will i make a UAI till 95+
You can't really make a prediction on your Year 11 rankings yet, but you can probably compare them with past students attaining the same ranks (like Sydney Boys did) with their prediction of their UAI's.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Re: 回复: Re: what rank shall is maintain to get a UAI of 95+

tommykins said:
year 11 ranks are useless.
They're a pretty good indication of the amount of effort that one needs to apply in the HSC year in order to satisfy their goals and ambitions.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Re: what rank shall is maintain to get a UAI of 95+

Aplus said:
They're a pretty good indication of the amount of effort that one needs to apply in the HSC year in order to satisfy their goals and ambitions.
Oh sorry, forgot you were year 12.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: what rank shall is maintain to get a UAI of 95+

working at 100% in year 11 is pointless and burns you out in year 12. trust me. ive been running at 100% since day 1 year 11, and Im feeling it now. these holidays are mainly for rest for me, because im buggered.

take it easy. do your best, but do drive yourself at full til year 12/

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC

sonyaleeisapixi said:
working at 100% in year 11 is pointless and burns you out in year 12. trust me. ive been running at 100% since day 1 year 11, and Im feeling it now. these holidays are mainly for rest for me, because im buggered.

Oh shit. :bomb:

That's not good news for me...

Aplus

HSC
N/A

tommykins said:
Oh sorry, forgot you were year 12.
Sorry, I am not here to start any conflicts.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

sonyaleeisapixi said:

That is different for individuals. And you need to clarify what you mean by "running". That is because, there are people who can easily study 3-4 hours straight and don't feel burnt out from it. And at the same time, they can manage time very effectively.

Whether you feel burnt out or not sorely depends on how you spend your time. I spend tonnes of time studying however, I spend great portion of my daily life doing exercises, socialsing, having fun to make it up to it. As long as you can have a sustainable study routine & method, you won't feel burnt out. The fact that you feel burnt out means that you have strained your body to extend where it cannot go on further. :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

sonyaleeisapixi said:
working at 100% in year 11 is pointless and burns you out in year 12.
Not even....I did heaps of work from the beginning of Yr 11 until half yearlies. And ever since then, I've been doing nothing in school. :p

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC

i have a part time job, a study routine, a gym routine, a family and a social life.
my time is organised well, but i honestly beleive working at 100% from year 11 just runs you right down. yes, ive strained my body, because ive been giving it all i have emotionally and physically from day one year 11. all 'i' have is different to all 'you' have, but in the end, you get the same result.
im a perfectionist. ill keep my 1 in all my subjects because i refuse to let go of them. but im just a fair bit tired now. holidays will be a great rest and ill be fine to kick ass =D

point is, year 11 means nothing. do well, even great, but regardless of who you are and what you do, if you work at your own 100% from year 11 into 12, youll start to feel it right now.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
That's good news for me, i'm going pretty good and i haven't been driving myself too hard either :)

Just.Snaz

HSC
I think the whole studying till you're 'burnt out' has some irony to it.

You can study HEAPS in year 11, get sick of it and not want to do it anymore in year 12..

or

You can bludge it completely, but then you wouldn't be accustomed to meeting the number of strenuous study hours in year 12 that you would need for a goal such as 95+

I think a balance of these two extremes would make both years a lil easier in terms of this 'burnt out' issue.

However, personally, i think no matter how burnt out you are, you only need a bit of a holiday or a bit of motivation and you can get back on track fairly well. But you can't go from total bludging to total studying as easily..

Edit: I don't make sense sometimes :p

Last edited:

123ash

HSC
thanks for the advices
i will be more consistent
:D

rambam92

HSC
Your ranks look alright
as long as you get english say into the top 15 even you should do alright, though i cant say what your UAI will be without any marks etc.
If you really want above 95 and u put the effort youll get it, keep orgainsed and study hard thats all i can really say

osamaelias

HSC
N/A

Aerath said:
Not even....I did heaps of work from the beginning of Yr 11 until half yearlies. And ever since then, I've been doing nothing in school. :p
Yes, ive jigged alot of the last 2 weeks of school except math and english. I cant be assed hearing the annoying girls in my chemistry class , and my biology class is too quite.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

osamaelias said:
Yes, ive jigged alot of the last 2 weeks of school except math and english. I cant be assed hearing the annoying girls in my chemistry class , and my biology class is too quite.
I've jigged a lot of the last two weeks as well. English we had presentations - so I had no real choice, Maths - i can't be stuffed so I listen to my iPod while doing a past paper, and all the other subjects have been kind of a bludge as well.

As for the annoying girls... I'm pretty sure that's not as bad as my business class.
I have people who keep on acting like idiots, and keep shouting out in class - only happens in subjects like business though (never in Maths, English or Physics)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)