What Science Project Did You Do In Year 9? (1 Viewer)

Egghead

HSC
I remember this.. A while ago tho.. I did it on affect of salinity (or was it the affect of less watering.. can't remember) on a few pea plants.

I was supposed to keep a timeline, I really could never be bothered to actually do it though.. I made it up the night before with a graph and table etc with a speech and I got like 18 out of 20. It's so easy.

The thing about not going onto year 10 is bullshit. They told that to us in Year 10 about not going onto year 11 if we didn't do better in class (our whole grade). They threatened to not let us through and let in one of the 'hundreds' that are waiting to come in ahaha. Not one of the grade was not let through, even the dumb of the dumb.

I really don't think they can not let you do your SC.. right ?

Egghead

HSC
What was the test supposed to be performed on? Yourself?

Originally posted by SpoRTsGaL
in year 8 i did a "what natural dye works best?" experiment... i used beetroot, onion and tea. Two pieces each. Then i washed one piece and compared with the unwashed piece to see which one stayed in the material the best (i.e. didn't wash out). The onion one was the best. That was fun.

In year 10 i did "which wax/hair removal gel works best?" and i tested consistency, the way it works, stickyness, blah blah, and used home made gel, one that you don't have to heat up, one you do have to heat up... i used about six different products. The best thing was, i didn't even perform the experiment. I just made all the results up. 'twas a last minute job.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
I did:

The Decomposition of Apples.. haha what a laugh

I got 8 apples, put them in plastic boxes, buried 2 underground, put 2 in the fridge, 2 at room temperature, and 2 outside uncovered....They were very smelly by the end of the experiment.. but i was happy 48/50 :)

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Yr 9, I did leprosy just because I had watched Ben Hur and I thought it was "totally gross"
In yr 10, I did the kilojules in different types of food.. it didnt work very well, so I made the results up... I think I got a kick ass result too.
Lots of girls did the absorbency of pads/tampons and most of the other experiments involved animals... oh no wait, sorry, most of the other girls were animals...

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
i think i got like 5 different plants, and wrapped them in different coloured celephane to see the changes in growth under different colours

unfortunately.. i dont remeber my year nine science marks like most of you guys.. sorry.

it was fun tho

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
My Year 10 Science project was about salinization, or the like, and was almost entirely fabricated. Not sure of my mark though, but it was only Year 10...

sarahn

HSC
we had to do hypothesis experiments in yr7 and 9...don't remember yr7, but in year 9 i tested the insulating qualities of diff materials...
those were the days...

Melody

HSC
N/A
I did the effects of our environment on our ability to memorise new infromation.... VERY dodgy...

chepas

HSC
Ours was in year 10.

I did the strength of different types of plastic shopping bags, and comparing which one would be the strongest among: supermarkets, dept stores, coner shops etc...

HSC
which sticky tape is the most sticky..?
i think that was it...

i never finished the experiment, but i wrote reasons why, and what i learnt...

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i did the effect of different concentrations of bleach on hair - conclusion it was bad for it lol got a B for it

MoNNiE

HSC
the temperature of cars pending on it's colour.. [i was lazy~!]

Callistogenic

HSC
Because my dad's an apiarist, in Year 9 I (under the watchful eye of my father) took a display case with one full frame of bees, including brood, honey cells and the like into the classroom. We had none escape, however the class WAS weary of coming towards the case.

In year 10, I demonstrated rocketry-powered devices, then set off a few in the back oval. 'Course... These are legal pryotechnical devices, and are commerically produced. No license required, just some common sense, money, and most of all, time and effort! :p

FcUk

yr 9 i put bananas in diferent environments and found which lasted the longest and why
yr 10 i got bones and put them in different substances seeing if one or the other had a greater effect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)