What Should I Do? - Subject Conflict (1 Viewer)

FerryBoat

HSC
Hello everyone,
I am currently on 13 units with my subject composition being English Advanced, English Extension 1, English Extension 2, Modern History, History Extension, Economics, Legal Studies and Studies of Religion (II). I ranked first internally for Economics, Legal Studies and Studies of Religion and am in the top 10 for my other subjects obviously with the exemption of my new subjects at the end of the Preliminary year. I am finding at present 13 units is quite hard to time manage, especially with the added homework and extra study required for Year 12.
I am in a situation where I am conflicted between doing 11 or 13 units. I enjoy all my subjects but find myself not dedicating as much time to Studies of Religion. I can see the pros of doing 11 units that being greater opportunities dedicate time to my other subjects to study so that I can ideally get Band 6 results in those subjects. However I am not sure whether I should wait until at least the end of the term to gauge whether I have taken to my added extension subjects.
I am speaking to my Careers Advisor this week on what action I should take and have also spoken to my parents who do not mind either way.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

astroman

HSC
don't do 13 its too much, drop to 11 and drop whatever subject u either:
- hate the most
- or perform worst in

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
11 is the best number of units
I do 11
the dux of my school does 11
(do you see the trend here? hehe)

drop the subject that takes you the most effort if you enjoy/ace all of them. You can find you have a lot more time on your hand. Or you can do 13 units for the first term, and drop them off the term after if you find your majors too hard to handle (fair warning, the extension 2 and history extension major works are often due around the same time so make sure you are superb with time management so you don't suffer the wrath of all nighters)

But I wouldn't put myself through 1 term of 13 units, I found it quite hectic with 11 and I only had 1 major work.

Carsbooks

HSC
Hello everyone,
I am currently on 13 units with my subject composition being English Advanced, English Extension 1, English Extension 2, Modern History, History Extension, Economics, Legal Studies and Studies of Religion (II). I ranked first internally for Economics, Legal Studies and Studies of Religion and am in the top 10 for my other subjects obviously with the exemption of my new subjects at the end of the Preliminary year. I am finding at present 13 units is quite hard to time manage, especially with the added homework and extra study required for Year 12.
I am in a situation where I am conflicted between doing 11 or 13 units. I enjoy all my subjects but find myself not dedicating as much time to Studies of Religion. I can see the pros of doing 11 units that being greater opportunities dedicate time to my other subjects to study so that I can ideally get Band 6 results in those subjects. However I am not sure whether I should wait until at least the end of the term to gauge whether I have taken to my added extension subjects.
I am speaking to my Careers Advisor this week on what action I should take and have also spoken to my parents who do not mind either way.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
well since your aim is to number 1 i think you should go against what the people at school tell you and do what you think is right? Our school ranking is 39 for those who don't know. I would say drop down to 12 units like the norm because it's easier to handle :)

clown50nh

HSC
Yeh you should definently drop to 11 because 13 is way to much. Perhaps you could drop to 1 unit of SOR and drop history extension

clown50nh

HSC
Or you could drop to 3 unit English instead of history extension

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)