What should I drop? (2 Viewers)

imZerroo

HSC
Hey guys :)

I'm currently doing 12 units: Mathematics Ex. 1 (Rank 2, will go lower though), Physics (Rank 6 probably out of 17), Chemistry (Rank 4), Biology (Rank 18-20) and ESL (pwning) and SOR (meh)

I'm not going as good as I want in Bio as you can tell from my rank. I can't drop it because I have plans on doing Medicine sooner or later. I have given my 100% in every biology test and even ask my Bio teacher for every way he can help me. Are there any tips on making sure I dont scew up easy marks in bio?

Even though I have tried everything, should I be dropping bio and rely on SOR as my tenth unit? I have srsly tried my best for bio and the highest I get is 80-85 and everyone in my school always gets 90+. To succeed in the HSC, I should be in those top people in Bio and I'm not.

Any pointers or advices will be much appreciated :)

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Err, you don't need bio for medicine, its not a prerequisite for any Medicine course as far as I know.

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
drop bio. if your doing undergraduate medicine you don't need any certain subjects, although sciences and maths are recommended i believe.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Drop Bio or SOR. Your bio mark might improve with the extra time if your drop SOR, but it you're doing better in SOR, do SOR. Because dropping bio will give you more time to improve all your subjects a bit.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
If you aren't pulling raw marks of 85+ in your biology half yearly and/or practice tests you should definitely drop it if you want to do medicine.

Last edited:

imZerroo

HSC
Thankksss a lot for your input guys, I don't wanna drop bio because I have put in a lot of effort over the last months.

But since everyone here recommends me to drop it and I myself think I should drop it due to my raw marks^ so I think I will be dropping it.

Although I will wait for my rank in SOR first, if that's terrible, then Bio it is. :)

Thanks again guys, really appreciate it.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Thankksss a lot for your input guys, I don't wanna drop bio because I have put in a lot of effort over the last months.

But since everyone here recommends me to drop it and I myself think I should drop it due to my raw marks^ so I think I will be dropping it.

Although I will wait for my rank in SOR first, if that's terrible, then Bio it is. :)

Thanks again guys, really appreciate it.
Don't drop!!!
I changed my mind. Just work harder!
You'll only be doing 10 if you drop, meaning you'll have to do well in SOR1 which is on the same day as MX1!
I'm dropping to SOR1 because of this... :/

imZerroo

HSC
Don't drop!!!
I changed my mind. Just work harder!
You'll only be doing 10 if you drop, meaning you'll have to do well in SOR1 which is on the same day as MX1!
I'm dropping to SOR1 because of this... :/
I am not anymore... I did terrible in SOR1, so now I will work SMARTER in bio instead of harder. I have to do good in Bio, people in my school are acing it and knowing 82% is only Rank 12, I'm shi'tting it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)