What subjects are you thinking of dropping next yr? (1 Viewer)

Sadiah

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
Dont drop IPT it gets better in year 12
But why not? I don't know if this is true or false, but I heard that it makes your marks go down. Like if you get 80% you'll get 60% or seomthing...Anyways, have ou done IPT? I don't like it, it's got toooo much theory and no practical work...Anyway, thanks for your advice...I'll think over my decision =)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
No. Don't.
Maybe she's rank 1 in every subject :D

emytaylor164 said:
too much work in year 12
She enjoys the subtle pleasures of all her subjects, thus negating them as 'work'.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Sadiah said:

But why not? I don't know if this is true or false, but I heard that it makes your marks go down. Like if you get 80% you'll get 60% or seomthing...Anyways, have ou done IPT? I don't like it, it's got toooo much theory and no practical work...Anyway, thanks for your advice...I'll think over my decision =)
Nothing officially makes your marks go down. You might be scaled down a little, but if you manage to do well and get a mark of 90+, you won't get scaled down. But in saying that... a lot of people have told me IPT is soo boring. So I'd drop it.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Sadiah said:

Yeah i do IPT.

IPT scales great, it is great for your UAI and it does not make your marks go down at all.

I hated it last year and now i love it i can honestly say i look forward to my IPT lesssons

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
Maybe she's rank 1 in every subject :D

She enjoys the subtle pleasures of all her subjects, thus negating them as 'work'.
Year 11 is easy compared to year 12, i do 11 units and it is heaps of work, I think if i did anymore all my other subjects would suffer because i dont have enough time to do that many, I know people who do that many units and they constantly seem stressed out.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
Yeah i do IPT.

IPT scales great, it is great for your UAI and it does not make your marks go down at all.

I hated it last year and now i love it i can honestly say i look forward to my IPT lesssons
Well IPT doesnt scale that great, it averages ~ 23, and average scaling for a subject is about 25. But by all means do it if you like the subject.

Sadiah

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
Yeah i do IPT.

hmm ok then..I'll see..thanks again

FMJ-Hamz

HSC
I want to drop Software Design Development because its weighing me down n its soooo boring and not what i expected or wanted... but if i drop it then that leaves me with 8 catA subjects and my aviationcourse which is a catB... Can i still get a UAI on that? Can i change SDD for Legal?... HELP!!! lol...:(

janetO

HSC
chem. i really dont want to since i like it but i have no choice.. our teacher doesnt teach us anything!
we're stuck on the beginning of module 2 still..
there is no hope! lawl.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
janetO said:
chem. i really dont want to since i like it but i have no choice.. our teacher doesnt teach us anything!
we're stuck on the beginning of module 2 still..
there is no hope! lawl.
I am with ya on that. :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
sikhman said:
yeah, our teacher was saying that he usually struggles to finish the course.....and we're moving pretty quickly. imagine what it would've been like with the old syllabus, which contains 25% more than our one.....
Are you dropping anything by the way? You seem to have much more units than required. :)

northbank

HSC
I'm well fucked. I am 170% dropping French Continuers, but Economics is so shit and its like a different language. I currently do 13. So i'd have to pick up 4 maths or 4 english which I'm not doing!!!

bored of sc

HSC
95% sure it will be PDHPE (replacing hopefully with extension 2 maths)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)