What subjects do you want to do in yr 12? (1 Viewer)

kiniki

HSC
ok so this year im doing 3u maths, 3u eng, modern, chemistry, sor 1 and art
next year ill be dropping art :)haha:) and picking up 4u eng, should i pick up ext. history as well? ill have 13 units for the hsc..? or is it way too much? i didn't anticipate year 11 at all when i first started, i've never had so much work in my life soo i'm not sure if i should pick up two more ext subjects
but then again, i need 91 for med science at usyd! :) opinions?

Jaylee42003

HSC
next year ill be dropping art :)haha:) and picking up 4u eng, should i pick up ext. history as well? ill have 13 units for the hsc..? or is it way too much? i didn't anticipate year 11 at all when i first started, i've never had so much work in my life soo i'm not sure if i should pick up two more ext subjects
^^ Brain strain >< lol
It depends on how you're handling the workload now. If you pick up more units there will only be more work lol. Plus the added pressure of the HSC and performing well.
Remember only your best 10 subjects (incl. best 2 units of engy) will count towards your uai...
How are you performing in your subjects so far?

katykiddx

HSC
Im coping with school so far, and im getting pretty good results in everything but japanese, mainly because im not trying. But im thinking of picking up ext.history (and by thinking i mean, i have no choice apparently) and ext 2 english. But, that would give me a total of 15 units, and i dont know if i want that much pressure, but, im breezing through with 13 units atm... should i?

aya-chan

HSC
Right now, I'm doing 13 units:
Physics, Chemistry, Maths Ext 1, English (Adv), Business Studies and German Continuers.

But for yr 12 I haven't been so sure. I'm pretty sure I'd like to drop Business Studies because my marks are only average and the scaling is not so good. I'm not sure I'll do so well in German, it depends if I improve, but if I do I may be able to add German Extension to the list. Also, I've done reasonably well in maths in the past, but lately it's been getting more and more difficult. I'm not sure if it's because I just haven't been putting in the effort or if I'm just getting worse but extension 2 maths is definitely an option for me. I don't particularly enjoy chemistry but I get reasonably good marks and it could be good for certain uni courses. but I'm not sure which uni course I'd like to do yet either.

So, I'm just waiting until I get some results just play my strengths.

gella

HSC
wow u guys, machines
well im currently doing 3u english, modern, legal, ipt, business services, and 1u sor
probably pick up ext. history next year but idk
depends on how i go rest of this year

zaefr

HSC
its better to have as many units as possible for ur hsc, but dont do it to the point where you literally are holding a stone on ur shoulders everyday.

keep the subjects which you enjoy and you know you are good at, and get rid of the ones which u cant be bothered working hard in.

speedofsound

HSC
most likely keeping everything, but dropping ancient history (so boring) and possibly picking up anothe ext. course. most likely history ext.

HSC
i love all my subjects. but, i didnt do too well in my chem half yrly, but i think i shud see how i go in the yrly as well and then judge. so i mite/mite not drop chem. i'll keep legal, eco, p.e., maths adv. and maths ext (most probably). but, i dnt think i'll qualify to get into ext 2 maths altho i'd love too. haha, too many maths whizzes in my grade.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
If I get 4U Maths I'll likely drop whatever's my worst subject. It'll probably be either 3U English or Chem, but Chem is currently by far my worst (79%), whereas 3U English is like 92% for me. My other two subjects other than Maths are better than 3U English.

aya-chan

HSC
If I get 4U Maths I'll likely drop whatever's my worst subject. It'll probably be either 3U English or Chem, but Chem is currently by far my worst (79%), whereas 3U English is like 92% for me. My other two subjects other than Maths are better than 3U English.
lol. what an english tank. I shall go mope in the corner with my 76% in advance english ...

so, why are you considering dropping 3u english if like your chem is heaps worse. oO"

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Subjects in SIG, but I'll see how I go, I'm thinking of dropping Chem and just doing 10 units, just a thought tho...

pandaaMONIA

HSC
Really want to do 4UEng/4UMaths/JapExt/Chem

I'm finding Chemistry really hard - But I hate Society and Culture so much so i can't really choose anything else.

I think the hating Chem thing is just not listening in Chem. LOL;;;

TBK11

HSC
wells im thinking
4u eng chem bio 2units maths
but i doubt that will happen since i got 36/50 for ex1 eng =( need to improve

kiniki

HSC
i'm doing okay, 90%-96% for history, english and ext, art, sor but i got 40% for ext maths (death!) and my yr 12 rank for adv.maths isn't so great but hopefully i'll go better next year and chemistry is possibly the hardest subject ever , i got 50% in half yearly and that was 5th in the grade! (after 95, 93, 81 and 90 percent) big fat gap haha.

i wish i could drop chemistry but i need it for uni, aswell as ext maths :( I was thinking of dropping ext maths in favour for ext history next year, maybe.

i'm glad it's not just me who's finding chem impossibly difficult!

what exactly do you have to do for ext history? i heard it's similiar to ext 2 english, just handing in a massive essay at the end or what?

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
well, I am dropping business studies:rofl:
& i'll change english adv to english standard coz standard is easier so that i can gain more marks ...
13 units is too much!!!!

i'll juz do 10 units .... why are u picking too much subjects?!
in my opinion, it's no use to get 90+

my sis, she was 08'er .... she took Esl english, IPT, physics, biology & 2u maths and her UAI was 92.08 ... she's now doing med science at USYD ....

kiniki

HSC
really! ahh i'm not sure, i think im only doing 4u eng and 3u history to compensate for my lack of scientific and mathematical abilities (i'm anticipating a lower result in all my maths and chemistry in hsc) and i heard if you do a bunch of ext subjects you can be offered a flexible entry or whatever, something like if i wanted to do med science, instead of 91 theyll offer me an entry with 86.

thinking about it, honestly i have no idea why i do so many :|

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
oh! well, what i am doing in HSC is dropping to 10units ...
10+ units = more work and stress
10 units =u only need to focus on a few subjects ...

i dun really know about ext subjects (they are ewww thingys .. :p )
do u know about skill up & skill down thingys?.....it depends on your school

aimhigh10

HSC
hopefully
4u maths
2u adv eng
phys
chem

or backup
3u maths
2u adv eng
phys
chem
bio

hopefully to get into the actuarial studies co-op program at unsw
or commercial law at usyd : )

duckcowhybrid

HSC
lol. what an english tank. I shall go mope in the corner with my 76% in advance english ...

so, why are you considering dropping 3u english if like your chem is heaps worse. oO"
Because Chem is apprently pretty easy to get 90+ in, and if you cram the textbook it's more secure a subject. Also because 3U English atm is boring, but that may change. But it's all if I get 4U Maths. Also thanks about the English tank bit. I'm the sort of person that gets pissed off with anything below A range or 90% in English (which happened in the half yearly, I bombed my essay (12/15)). The thing I don't like about Chem is I actually have to work in it, which sucks away the time I have to do maths. Also Maplestory, it's impossible to get a UAI of 92.08.

So yeah. I'm not gonna do more than 12 Units for the HSC though (more than one subject not counting can suck my dick). Which is why I have to drop. My Eco and and Modern are pretty solidly in my subject list for Year 12, as I don't need to work very in them for fairly good marks. So they help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)