what TEXTBOOK do you use?! (1 Viewer)

Charon.

HSC
N/A
we use the cambridge textbook. Id so love to burn it, except that the school owns it.
Personally i think that when it was written the writers were just trying to show off their maths skill and trying to set really hardy questions. Many questions are excessive and would never ever be asked by any sane person for any test.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Maths in Focus- personally i use Fitzpatrick by my self

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Charon. said:
we use the cambridge textbook. Id so love to burn it, except that the school owns it.
Personally i think that when it was written the writers were just trying to show off their maths skill and trying to set really hardy questions. Many questions are excessive and would never ever be asked by any sane person for any test.
The Extension is only appropriate for 4u students. Apart from that, the questions are straightforward. Well sort of.

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
We use Coroneos for 2 and 3u... They're really good except they were printed in 1980 or something, so are a bit old.

I have Patel, Lee and Cambridge for 4u. Also have Excel, but i havent used it.

lala2

Banned
HSC
We use Cambridge, our school really challenges us, and we also get photocopied sheets from all the other txtbks: Couchman, MIF, Fitzpatrick, Coroneos, and extra sheets from the HSC Practice Past Papers by Topic 2/3 Unit (pink and green books), the HSC past papers, and various other sources and of course our examples are from my teacher's head! (oh joy!)

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
Good on you Huratio, Maths In forcus is such a shit book that I never use it. Even Excel is better than MIF that's how crap it is.

So guys which one is harder/better? Cambridge or Fitzpatrick?

Last edited:

Numero Uno

HSC
(^o^) said:
Good on you Huratio, Maths In forcus is such a shit book that I never use it. Even Excel is better than MIF that's how crap it is.

So guys which one is harder/better? Cambridge or Fitzpatrick?
FitZZ !! owns cambridge

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
For 2u and 3u, Fitz probably beats Cambridge. But for 4u I'd have to say Fitz is shit so far and I've heard many times that Cambridge is best.

Idyll

HSC
as long as you get one the pages aren't yellow in, coroneos is ok.

but seriously, cambridge is EXCELLENT. personally i found it to be the best of all the 3u textbooks i've seen (and i had access to fitzpatrick, jones and couchman (ugh!) and coroneos).

Kelvy

HSC
Everyone should use Cambridge!!!! Gooooo Cambridge!!!!

Tho I'm probably biased cos Pender was my teacher last year hahaha

nit

HSC
I don't have much experience with all the text-books, but I seriously doubt that anything could be more thorough, complete, structured and accessible than the Cambridge 3U one.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
2u and 3u fitzpatrick at school but i think cambridge has the hardest questions (but fitz can be a bitch).

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
Well my opinion is that Cambridge is very good for harder questions but the 3U books have questions way too hard for 3U like unncessarily hard.
Also it's a really bad textbook to learn from.

The best textbook I think to learn new concepts is Maths In Focus an easy stepping stone, master Maths In Focus then use Cambridge/Fitzpatrick for hard questions.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
It's not as unnecessary as you think.

Think of it this way: If you can do those hardest questions, will anything in the exams pose a problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)