what TEXTBOOK do you use?! (1 Viewer)

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
but those questions are Hard in a different way.......... I dunno how to explain it.

Well it's like 3U ppl doing the 2U tests. They should get over 90s and 100s but they don't because they make silly mistakes because they concentrate on the harder 3U stuff.

Well it's kinda the same.
THe best book i used for studying is Phoenix Maths Topic by Topic which are real trial and HSC questions with full worked answers.

VQ

HSC
New Senior Mathematics, special for my class. Others use Math in Focus. Well, I haven't really read Cambridge (3u/2u).

My teachers once (in yr. 11) told me to read and do the extensions work there and I got stucked!!!! Quite hard problems!!! Use Cambridge in 4u and the problems are a lot harder than New senior Maths...

Math4u, Bio, Chem, Phy, ESL, IBS...Which one to drop?Ext2 or Bio? Any suggestions????

UAI target: 96++, 99++ if possible...

VQ

HSC
YuP! Just realized that New Senior Math is written by Fitzpatrick...What book do u use anyway?

TaKing Bio, phy, chem, ESL, math 4u, IBS...Which one should I drop (not 3umath/IBS/ESL)..Any1 taking 14u too?

Target UAI: 96++, 99++ if possible...

CrashOveride

HSC
I'm curious, VQ: Is that your signature or are you writing out that colourful display each time?

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
I use...
-Maths In Focus at school

-Understanding 3U Maths to actually understand the questions

-Phoenix HSC Maths and Ext 1 Topic by Topic as extra trial practise questions

-Cambridge yr12 which I hardly eva use

And in yr11 I used the Excel Maths and Excel Ext 1 studyguides as extra and Maths In Focus.

Haku

our school use the blue and organe one!!! i dun think it got a name.
its a ok book, and the questions in it are pretty easy

i bought the fitz one, and its fuken hard!!!! so hard,

just wondering is we would see those type of questions in the 3unit tests?

sladehk

le random
HSC
fitz is hard to self study but it's not that difficult if you got a teacher to help you when you get stuck while tryign to learn through the examples

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
CrashOveride said:
I'm curious, VQ: Is that your signature or are you writing out that colourful display each time?
You knew the answer before you asked the question :p

She obviously doesn't know how to add a signature.

Go to the top-left corner of the screen, click on User CP, then click Signature.

Nosadness: You might, you might not. Nail those questions and you'll be doing well.

sladehk

le random
HSC
get a tutor(but i don't know if it's that good coz i never had one)

Haku

seriously the fitz book is harder then all the text bookz i have used. cambridge, focus and that orange blue one....

asking, would i see those type of questions, like that hard in the ext1 math test in hsc?

Moonlite

HSC
nosadness said:
seriously the fitz book is harder then all the text bookz i have used. cambridge, focus and that orange blue one....

asking, would i see those type of questions, like that hard in the ext1 math test in hsc?
Yea, fitzpatrick is a hard book, but if you're aiming high, you should really most of the questions in it. You should expect similar questions for the last few questions in the HSC exam...

song

HSC
Fitz and cambridge is good for study and practice. Essentially, you should just do many past papers for practice..

m_isk

HSC
N/A
textbooks are ok for mastering everything, but the best way to practise is past HSC's catholic trials, independent trials, ur school's corresponding exam from the previous year (some teachers can be lazy ;)) and any other exams u can get ur hands on!!

shy-guy

HSC
maths txtbook

maths in focus by margaret groves, exention 1
the book is good for basis and foundations of mathamatics, but i would go for the Fitzpatrick book, because it is more challanging, and a more in-depth book on maths. Essentially i will still get my hands on past papers.

Last edited:

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
As for me.. I stick with Cambridge .. buy the yr 11 3 unit maths, and yr 12 3 unit maths, it provides a fairly good structure of theory, and good hsc or close to hsc style of maths 3 unit questions. Then, after you know your theory thoroughly, head to past exam papers.

Maths is perhaps the easiest subject to do well in, but its just that its time-consuming due to the no. of exercises.

V.J.Requiem

HSC
new kid on block

Cambridge sounds like the big boy of textbooks,
At my school i am using Maths in focus 3u prelim, sometimes the questions contradict the examples. Slightly dodge but fairly decent on the missprint-o-meter.
Does anyone want to sell me a cheap cambridge. I don't care if the cover is falling off.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)