What textbooks are good? (1 Viewer)

clerisy

HSC
I have a question: what exactly does the cambridge one look like??? Because I don't think I have it, and if its so good, I wish to seek one out!

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Its about A4 size with an orange background of some building and green lines with headings on them, someone explain this better

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Calculon
Its about A4 size with an orange background of some building and green lines with headings on them, someone explain this better
yep, and a green srip along the edges i think...(lol i already forget how it looked like). :D

dilos

HSC
terry lee does tutoring? can anyone give me his number?

is he any good?

Last edited:

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah, he's very good i heard- apparently he teaches at pre-uni....also he runs a couple of seminar every year for 4u maths. his website (with details of his tutoring) is at: http://www.hsccoaching.com/

:)
Pre uni? there is no teacher called Terry Lee dat i know of =/ .
may be he teaches 4unit maths there.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
yeh he does a few of my frnz go there for maths

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
just cause he wrote a textbook, doesn't mean he is good...

think of it like this:
4u maths is easier than 1st year uni maths. (i think). So don't just decide to go to Terry Lee.

Anyone thought of getting Patel as a tutor? He DOES do tutoring, I know that for sure. Pretty damn good too. hehee

PS, i 'm not saying Terry Lee ISN'T good, i'm just saying, find out about him before you choose him, just cause he wrote a book doesn't mean he is a good teacher. We have Bigelow (the guy who wrote the year 9/10 textbooks) and he isn't anything flash.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Grey Council
just cause he wrote a textbook, doesn't mean he is good...

think of it like this:
4u maths is easier than 1st year uni maths. (i think). So don't just decide to go to Terry Lee.

Anyone thought of getting Patel as a tutor? He DOES do tutoring, I know that for sure. Pretty damn good too. hehee

PS, i 'm not saying Terry Lee ISN'T good, i'm just saying, find out about him before you choose him, just cause he wrote a book doesn't mean he is a good teacher. We have Bigelow (the guy who wrote the year 9/10 textbooks) and he isn't anything flash.
yeah, terry lee is a very good tutor as well i heard- he apparenlty knows a lot abt. the hsc, teaches u lots of tricks and all these other stuff too. :D

nathan_ernest

near black Mt which is near guyra which is near ur
HSC
You shouldn't need a tutor

Yeah about tutors. Dont judge tutors by the books they write. A tutor just explains things in a different (or another) way to you school teachers. I have heard that Patel is an amazing tutor, but i have his books and that would be enough to stop me from going to him. Besides, if you dont get a concept or somthing. TRY TO UNDERSTAND IT YOURSELF. You will benifit from it much much more if you figure it out yourself. I bet that everyone can remember sitting in class saying "yes sir/miss, I understand" then about 2 weeks later everything clicks because you attempted to do quesitions without understanding.
What I am trying to say is, try and work out a concept yourself before asking anyone else. If you dont get it, then its probably a hard topic which means that the odds are that others are having trouble as well.
Oh yeah.....CAMBRIDGE is the best book but you need both of them (y11+y12). The questions are easy at the start but get REALLY hard at the end, thats the best way to get good at maths.
It is also cheaper than FITZPATRICK which for 2+3unit would cost $100. Where as both cambridge would cost $78. By the way here is a picture of the Cambridge cover.
nathan_ernest@lycos.com

Actuarial Boy
HSC
lol ask kimmeh if hes good

he is very good according to my friends .. he probably is good coz i have respect for his 4u maths textbook [worked solutions] :D

nathan_ernest

near black Mt which is near guyra which is near ur
HSC
You need both because your teachers teach the course in any way they want. The y12 book has y11 topics; 3unit trig (3d trig), polynomials, circle and plane geometry. All these are prelim topics. The y11 book has all the geoemtry of calculus and stuff like that, intergration, parametrics. sequences and series, the log function, the exponential function and others. These are all y12 topics. Thats why you need both.
Listen if you want excersises, i would be more than happy for you to "borrow" them off me. Since i can't send the books to you, i would just have to email you the excersises. *cough cough*. I wouldnt want to break any copyright laws.

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
lol neither could i.. until i joined his tutoring :rolleyes:
ekkeke neither cud i.. till YOU joined HIS tutoring XD

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
for pcx_demolition man...
check this thread. it has everything you need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)