what the hell is wrong with people? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam04u
You're all nuts. People feel sad and empathetic to 1 koala that died, yet nobody gave a stuff about over 2000 people which died in the war? (more about the politics then the people). Sure, it's sad and the people should be punished, but it's even more sad when people care more about animals then fellow people. That's what makes me feel worse, is that the topic title agrees with this, "What the hell is wrong with people?". I'll explain why this has pissed me off.

In 2004 and 2005 two ad campaigns have been run. 1 about the starving people in somalia and another on those starving in east asian countries like indonesia. Alot of money was spent on these campaigns (the 60 second one aswell), close to 2 million dollars. Yet another ad-campaign which only spent S100,000 generated 3 times as much donations. It was one about some bears in Africa and Asia. (People eating bear sinew or something). How could people react that way? More people cared about the ANIMALS then the actual PEOPLE. That's dehumanising and Irrational, moreso than what the people did to the Koalas. I mean, yah I love the little buggers and the people should be neutered or something (civil law system!). But the issue which arises with this (even in me) is worse then the actual issue.

Do people care more for the rights and freedom of animals then other humans?

Human suck. Animals don’t. Dilemma explained.
Quote:
They didn't throw him into a dingoe's pen or anything, so that's a pretty bad analogy. They released the dingoe's, most likely forseeing that they would go on to kill other animals, but it'd be manslaughter (if they were humans that got killed).
A thousand pardons. Manslaughter, my mistake. Becuae manslaughter is soo much better. I was going to get upset but if what they did was not the equivalent of murder, but of manslaughter, well I've got nothing to get upset about do I?

Okay, if I soak you in a vat of fish blood and chuck you in the ocean, is it manslaughter if a shark eats you?

lengy

HSC
Is this about animal cruelty? Okay, I not going to bother reading it then.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
In this country, thousands of murders per year, 60000 babies aborted by their mothers, who knows how many civilians are getting bombed to death on a daily basis overseas, lets try and keep some perspective here, whilst what was done is deplorable, its in no way worthy of news, the media are assholes.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
bshoc said:
In this country, thousands of murders per year, 60000 babies aborted by their mothers, who knows how many civilians are getting bombed to death on a daily basis overseas, lets try and keep some perspective here, whilst what was done is deplorable, its in no way worthy of news, the media are assholes.
It's on a news website, and I doubt it was a major breakthrough story, just a filler. And you can't expect the media to report the same wars over and over, because that's just retarded material.
"And our major story, people are still fighting from the war started 3 years ago. We'll talk about it again tomorrow." If they continually did that there'd be no point in watching the news because you know what they would report everyday.
And also, 60000 babies aborted? That's hardly "news", moreso current affairs, and it's hardly newsworthy to report on each abortion.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i actually dont find kaolas cute.
Same. I think its been romaticised by Blinky Bill and Caramello Koala, stuffed toys and general photographs of them.

They're evil things, they look like they'd make cute puppy noises when really they grunt and make horrible sounds. They're shitty with everyone half the time too.

HSC
nah i agree, i lived with koalas fucking in the tree outside my window for like three years .. but it's still sad :eek:

Aime Fantasy

HSC
sam04u said:
You're all nuts. People feel sad and empathetic to 1 koala that died, yet nobody gave a stuff about over 2000 people which died in the war? (more about the politics then the people). Sure, it's sad and the people should be punished, but it's even more sad when people care more about animals then fellow people. That's what makes me feel worse, is that the topic title agrees with this, "What the hell is wrong with people?". I'll explain why this has pissed me off.

In 2004 and 2005 two ad campaigns have been run. 1 about the starving people in somalia and another on those starving in east asian countries like indonesia. Alot of money was spent on these campaigns (the 60 second one aswell), close to 2 million dollars. Yet another ad-campaign which only spent S100,000 generated 3 times as much donations. It was one about some bears in Africa and Asia. (People eating bear sinew or something). How could people react that way? More people cared about the ANIMALS then the actual PEOPLE. That's dehumanising and Irrational, moreso than what the people did to the Koalas. I mean, yah I love the little buggers and the people should be neutered or something (civil law system!). But the issue which arises with this (even in me) is worse then the actual issue.

I know where you're coming from, but being a veggie, my take on the whole situation would be... what about the other 52 billion+ animals that die each year because of human unjustified want for meat? Please explain. I'm not saying the killing of the koala was deplorable... :confused:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
So you've never got mildly upset watching a fictional movie? You always rationally decide which tragedies are worth your attention?

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
So you've never got mildly upset watching a fictional movie? You always rationally decide which tragedies are worth your attention?
.. yes?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
sam04u said:

Koalas are cute, Lebs aren't.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Aime Fantasy said:
what about the other 52 billion+ animals that die each year because of human unjustified want for meat?
Someone's going to break out in Vaginitis!

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Aime Fantasy said:
I know where you're coming from, but being a veggie, my take on the whole situation would be... what about the other 52 billion+ animals that die each year because of human unjustified want for meat? Please explain. I'm not saying the killing of the koala was deplorable... :confused:
I agree with you for the same reason. I don't see why a koala is different from any other mammal routinely killed for food. I think the situation is terrible and the action disgusting, but the severity is kinda dwarfed by many other incidents.
Having said that, I don't think there is anything wrong with people for being upset by this. I certainly was.

Aime Fantasy

HSC
bazookajoe said:
Someone's going to break out in Vaginitis!
Ewww... Hahaha! :rofl:

dieburndie said:
I agree with you for the same reason. I don't see why a koala is different from any other mammal routinely killed for food. I think the situation is terrible and the action disgusting, but the severity is kinda dwarfed by many other incidents.
Having said that, I don't think there is anything wrong with people for being upset by this. I certainly was.
It's all pretty crazy huh... :(

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
withoutaface said:
Koalas are cute, Lebs aren't.
Refer to my signature on that one buddy. :D

Last edited:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Re: Breaking
To each his own. (I think maybe it's because the pictures were predominantly women?) Perhaps that's why it wasn't to your particular liking.

Generator

HSC
N/A
By now you all should know that this isn't the non-school subforum. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)