What the highest UAI I could get? (2009 student) (1 Viewer)

terese223

HSC
What is the highest UAI I could possibly expect 2 get with these subjects and rankings....I recently discovered how pretty much all my subjects hav a rely low scaling (esp. Standard Eng) & I'm pretty freaked out!!!!

Standard Eng 79/276
Biology 46/204
SOR 2 25/206
Legal Studies 15/57
General Maths 62/271
Hospitality 17/50

I SO regret doing Hospitality.....I should of done something more useful like Buisness Studies, I am now thinking of dropping it and replacing it with snr science (would this increase my UAI, considering I'm pretty good at Science):worried:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: What the highest UAI I could get?

100 because it's still year 11 and your year 11 ranks don't matter.

HSC

Statistically speaking, EDIT: the highest UAI that was received from a person doing English Standard in 2007 was 99.85.

Also performance in Year 11 is not always a clear indication of how you will actually perform in Year 12.

Do what you enjoy and are good at.

But anyways good luck :)

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

kevinx2 said:
Statistically speaking, the highest UAI that has been received from a person doing English Standard is 99.85.

Also performance in Year 11 is not always a clear indication of how you will actually perform in Year 12.

Do what you enjoy and are good at.

But anyways good luck :)
That was just based on last year, mate.

Anything can happen next year or so. And we had few people getting about 99.90 and 99.95 who did English (Standard).

HSC
terese223 said:
Standard Eng 79/276
Biology 46/204
SOR 2 25/206
Legal Studies 15/57
General Maths 62/271
Hospitality 17/50
wow you have a huge year we only have like 130 or something. anyway the highest uai you could get is still 100 because anything can happen in yr 12 and yr 12 marks only count not yr 11

HSC

lyounamu said:
That was just based on last year, mate.

Anything can happen next year or so. And we had few people getting about 99.90 and 99.95 who did English (Standard).
oops, my bad. Still, 99.85-.95 is ridiculously awesome.

Anus McLovin

HSC
terese223 said:
What is the highest UAI I could possibly expect 2 get with these subjects and rankings....I recently discovered how pretty much all my subjects hav a rely low scaling (esp. Standard Eng) & I'm pretty freaked out!!!!

Standard Eng 79/276
Biology 46/204
SOR 2 25/206
Legal Studies 15/57
General Maths 62/271
Hospitality 17/50
Scaling shouldn't be a priority AT ALL. Scaling is just there to entice people into doing harder subjects/ discourage from doing "softer" ones. In reality getting over 40 is harder in 4U maths than it is to get over 95 in business studies. So don't worry about scaling.

The rankings aswell are just used to determine your position at school, but it will all be relative to your final Exams in October/November next year. A very good rank at an average school is equal to a bad rank at a selective school.

As for your UAI, I'm afraid the outlook doesn't look too good based on those rankings. From the number of students in your general Maths/Standard English classes, i'm presuming your school isn't one of the top performers, and although your ranking isn't really that bad, your fellow students are gonna bring your school's average down, causing your overall school marks to fall drastically.

Regarless of your target U.A.I., your best bet is to buckle down and study hard for all your assessments and around this time next year you REALLY need to do well in the final exam, in order to improve your marks. If you screw that up the slightest, you're screwed. (Just for your U.A.I. Don't worry it's not the end of the world haha)

runnable

HSC
Anus McLovin said:
Scaling shouldn't be a priority AT ALL. Scaling is just there to entice people into doing harder subjects/ discourage from doing "softer" ones.
How about: Scaling is there to reward and acknowledge students doing harder subjects.

lionking1191

HSC
runnable said:
How about: Scaling is there to reward and acknowledge students doing harder subjects.
okay the official explanation is that scaling is there so that nobody will be advantaged/disadvantaged in anyway for doing a particular subject

runnable

HSC
lionking1191 said:
okay the official explanation is that scaling is there so that nobody will be advantaged/disadvantaged in anyway for doing a particular subject
Thats right. And without scaling, the ones losing out are probably the ones doing harder subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)