What things need to be in a good speech =) (1 Viewer)

nerd_2b

HSC
Hey, what things need to be a good speech. My speech is about journeys and I'd like to score around 14-15/15. I'm not sure how to structure it.

Heellppp!!

Thanks...

lychnobity

HSC
Speeches are about HOW they're presented. Excellent content may score you a B range mark (ie language appropriate to audience, textual references, thesis). But it's the oral techniques employed to capture and keep the marker's attention that get you the high range A marks.

So, in saying that, make sure you get over the freaking nerves, look people in the eye, talk "normally" and be interesting.

It's all about interest. Keep it, and you're set.

EDIT: have realised you were asking about structure.

Structure a speech like an essay, only with easier to understand language and more to-the-point arguments. Make sure the examples used are blatant.

Last edited:

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Confidence and knowing your stuff. ^^ is right. The content of your speech is only a small part, if you present with confidence and knowing your content your definitely on the right track. Engaging your audience is also pretty important.

monesh

HSC
i have a good trick when doing speeches. when i'm talking and looking at my palm cards and i glimpse the teacher look up i look directly at them making sure i make eye contact. Then when they look back down you can go back down to looking at ur palm cards until they look up again. Hey it's worked for me for a few years getting me high marks :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)