What to bring to O-week? (1 Viewer)

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
An access card to join clubs and societies & extra money to pay for membership fees and their merchandise eg. shirts. Search up some clubs/societies which might interest you on the USU website.

I recommend a bottle of water and an umbrella if it rains like the other years.

jaydizzlegear

HSC
An access card to join clubs and societies & extra money to pay for membership fees and their merchandise eg. shirts. Search up some clubs/societies which might interest you on the USU website.

Do you need an Access card to join all clubs and societies? Or just some?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Do you need an Access card to join all clubs and societies? Or just some?
Majority of societies, yes (90% of them). Some newer societies/clubs may make exceptions and the volunteering societies usually don't.

Edit: I should note that even if you don't have an access card and wish to participate in club activities you can but you just have to pay a small non-Access fee each time.

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Bring i.d to prove your over 18 for certain events..

Bag
Pen
Paper

jaydizzlegear

HSC
Majority of societies, yes (90% of them). Some newer societies/clubs may make exceptions and the volunteering societies usually don't.

Edit: I should note that even if you don't have an access card and wish to participate in club activities you can but you just have to pay a small non-Access fee each time.
even like the faculty societies e.g. Sydney University Law Society?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
hmmm that sucks, the price is really prohibitive to me.
Ah well
Like I said, you don't need to join officially as a member and you can still participate in Law Ball, Law Camp etc. with a non-Access price/fee.

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
I thought faculty ones didn't need to? I dunno you can see on the day I guess.

thedemonpk3r

HSC

Yo passion, where do I get an access card to join the societies and clubs? And how much?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Yo passion, where do I get an access card to join the societies and clubs? And how much?
Online, during O Week where a tent is set up for it or any day during the semester at Manning.

Correction - it seems you do not need an Access for Faculty Societies.

YOLO_SWAYG

HSC
N/A
If I get a 1 year access card, say on the 5th May 2015, will it expire on the 5th May 2016? And do you need to go in person to get a picture?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
If I get a 1 year access card, say on the 5th May 2015, will it expire on the 5th May 2016? And do you need to go in person to get a picture?
Dunno about the pic but I bought a three year one and it expired on the month of December of the third year (and I had valuable free coffee vouchers I couldn't use up on time). But the one year one may be different.

YOLO_SWAYG

HSC
N/A
Dunno about the pic but I bought a three year one and it expired on the month of December of the third year (and I had valuable free coffee vouchers I couldn't use up on time). But the one year one may be different.
Cool thanks. :) I think I'll end up getting a three year one a bit later in the year. So I'm guessing that if I get it in May 2015 then it would expire on December 2018?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Cool thanks. :) I think I'll end up getting a three year one a bit later in the year. So I'm guessing that if I get it in May 2015 then I'm presuming it would expire on December 2018?
Don't quote me on it hahaha. It might be different for the Access Cards now (seeing the prices were lowered last year).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)