What to do if you fail the HSC? (1 Viewer)

Venom.

HSC
If I actually fail (<50): killed by parents/teachers/myself
<90: Will probably be upset for a while.
<95: A bit disappointed, but life moves on. :D No one will ask WHAT IS YOUR ATAR when you are 25, so it's all good. ^_^
Once you get out of high school, nobody gives a fuck what ATAR/UAI you got, if you got into a decent course nobody cares.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
just sit STAT get a 100th percentile mark and get into a course virtually automatically.

M@ster P

HSC
If I actually fail (<50): killed by parents/teachers/myself
<90: Will probably be upset for a while.
<95: A bit disappointed, but life moves on. :D No one will ask WHAT IS YOUR ATAR when you are 25, so it's all good. ^_^
lol as long as you get into ur course thats all it matters

JordaneVG

HSC
N/A
As long as I got above 70 I'll be happy, or else I don't know what to do, I probably run away and live in a cave.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
The OP of this thread seems to suggest that failing the HSC is the be all and end all of your life, I pity any of you so foolish as to suggest this almost more than I pity those who failed to take the HSC seriously.

If we are to take failing as obtaining rank lower than 50.00, that effectively means that 50% of the state fail. With the HSC however, seeing as it is nearly impossible to actually fail and not be accredited with HSC (believe me tried), It is best to look at failing on a more personal level. High level students capable of marks >95 who achieve 80 have 'failed' more than a lower level student expected to score <60 but manges a 70.

Ultimately it's just about getting into the course you want to do and if you can do that you have suceeded, but lets be honest anyone who truly believes that they know what they want to do at this stage in their lives will be lying to themselves at 99.9% of the time. Few, if any of us have experienced enough of the options in life to understand what degree and potential career is of best fit to us.

The HSC is also not the only means of admission to a tertiary institution, my UAI was abysmal but i sat a general aptitude and intelligence test (STAT for those of you who are interested) and scored in the top .01% of the state, my marks far outshine every one I have compared to including the USYD pharmacy students who are required to take the test (almost all of whom have UAI's>90). Long story short, I got straight into uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)