What to do if your teacher isn't the best??? :/ (1 Viewer)

K33GAN

HSC
Hey all,

I feel like the stuff we are doing in advanced English class is NOT building very well towards the HSC exam. The current unit is Texts in time and we are studying Frank/bladerunner. It is already week 7 and we STILL haven't even started bladerunner, let alone started comparing the 2!

I'm freaking out a little bit but I was wondering if there were any past or current HSC'ers who had to do a lot of their own English work off their own backs?Either Building for the exam or just plain initially learning the texts?

Any tips??? Anything is appreciated!

Thanks alot

Macqncheese

Banned
HSC
N/A
Do it yourself.

Having a bad teacher is no excuse. English is one of those subjects you can do yourself.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
What makes a 'good' student is one that doesn't solely rely on their teacher to 'spoon feed' them.

Liv1712

HSC
A good place to start would be to re-read Frankenstein, highlighting important passages and taking notes. If you're really that worried about Bladerunner, why not hire it out yourself and start watching it early? :)

Capt Rifle

HSC
A good place to start would be to re-read Frankenstein, highlighting important passages and taking notes. If you're really that worried about Bladerunner, why not hire it out yourself and start watching it early? :)
or just download it lol

Liv1712

HSC
^ Or you could just do that >_< Either way, it's an easy-fix situation :)

planino

HSC
******* might be another option, but I've no idea if it is good or not. Might want to check out their website

ncoul

HSC
In my opinion, English is greatly an individual pursuit, probably more so than any other subject you do. Think back to the skills you've enhanced thus far and apply them, constantly referring to the rubric and cementing thematic links.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)