What to do now? (1 Viewer)

kitkatkittyau

HSC
I'm struggling to figure out what i'm going to do between now and the start of university. The obvious options would be get a job or travel. Unfortunity its probably a 90% chance I wont get the chance to do any of those.

- I live in a small country town where jobs are very limited.

- All my friends are leaving due to employment out of town

- I dont have my p's

- I dont have any money due to me quiting my job for the HSC

So what do I do now?

nahian

HSC
A fun and exciting career prospect would be to deal crack
Lonely people=Crack sellers heaven

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I have the same problem except for the living in a country town part. i cant work, my friends are all busy and im not allowed to drive, so since i finished the HSC i've been sooo bored it's driving me crazy :sleep:

Maybe you could try keeping yourself occupied with something you enjoy doing, photography's the only thing keeping me sane right now. You could try to find some sort of job you could do even if its just babysitting or something. Apart from that there's always myspace, BOS and you tube to keep you entertained for a while lol. Sorry i don't have more suggestions!

Oh and the crack dealing might be a bad idea, being stuck in a jail cell would probably be a lot more boring :p

phatic

HSC
Ah, I share your dilemma, apart from finishing the HSC a few years ago. If only uni would hurry up and start...

Anyway, possibly develop some other interests, like drawing, music, reading, etc... something like that. It depends on what you like doing.

At the worst, it's only a few months, and Christmas will break it up a bit.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Volunteer work :)
Feels great
Positive for Community
Looks great on Resume, especially in applying for a job

plus myspace, youtube, photography, going to live gigs, get your p's (i am)

etc :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Don't forget you can go on holidays, e.g overseas, which is exactly what I'm doing in a couple of weeks.

Ioup

HSC
Living in a country town is so boring.
There's nothing to do whatsoever.

(extremely short post. At least it gets the point across).

illmatic

NaS
HSC
people like you got absolutely no direction in anything. you need others to spoon feed you constantly, and when youre not told what to do you go nuts.

kitkatkittyau

HSC
Oh my gosh, WOW, you so know me.... Shut up, you have no clue of my motives. And if all your going to do is try and bring people down, your obviously more bored than I am. So my post is dedicated to you.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
kitkatkittyau said:
Oh my gosh, WOW, you so know me.... Shut up, you have no clue of my motives. And if all your going to do is try and bring people down, your obviously more bored than I am. So my post is dedicated to you.

Seriously have you contacted local service organisations or Meals on Wheels type people and volunteered.

This has two advantages - one you will have something to do and it will also look good on your CV when applying for work.

Many, Many Many year ago when I finished my HSC in a country town I spent my break working for Meals on Wheels and the local Red Cross manning the tea stand during a bushfire.

It was something totally different and I really enjoyed. I am actually looking forward to retiring in xxxxx years so that I can get back into doing this sort of thing more regularly rather than just in the school holidays as I do now when I visit my parents who still live in the town.

The reason that they like me coming over the Christmas break is that many of their regulars go on holidays but I am there on holidays and can help them a couple of days a week for that time.

You will also feel good about yourself as you are doing things for others who can't always do things for themselves and learn something different about yourself.

I do hope that you will find something constructive to do.

If the above suggestion doesn't appeal what about trying to learn a new skill or craft - again something different to what you have been doing but something you find enjoyable. You may have to try a few things first to find something to do but try new things during this time and don't just say - 'living in a country town is soo boring'. If you try something new you may even meet people in the town you didn't even know lived there and learn more about them and the town.

Just suggestions -

kitkatkittyau

HSC
Many thanks for all the great suggestion. I'm sure to find something to do for the next 3 months. Thanks again.

Keep the suggestions coming as I know I'm not the only person having difficulty filling the time.

Ms.SeMiTiC

HSC
I suggest you to develop your interest towards your future study or even your hobbies. :)

Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)