What to do when you're broken hearted? (1 Viewer)

Auto Wah

Do you drink every night just to try and escape the pain?
or do you wait until that feeling is over?
talk to someone about it?

what do you do?
Fuck it's going to kill me

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Auto Wah said:
Do you drink every night just to try and escape the pain?
or do you wait until that feeling is over?
talk to someone about it?

what do you do?
Fuck it's going to kill me
i feel you buddy.
i have a solution. meet lots of new people.

Auto Wah

SKA said:
i feel you buddy.
i have a solution. meet lots of new people.
thanks, i go to the pub a lot more often now, but then i have to work early in the morning. My life is totally fucked. I wish i can get over it but it hurts just thinking about it. Wish there is a way out of this. So where's a good place to meet new people?

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Sadly to say...i think one very proven way to heal a broken heart is to find someone new...

But if you're not ready for relationship...SKA said it right...meet new people...chat with them about it if you want or just chat about anything...put your mind onto other people's things and not how sad you are

Personally i wouldn't advise drinking...cause it is harmful to you...and anyone else who cares for you...

Hope you get outta this feeling soon ^^ Good luck ^^

Auto Wah

SipSip said:
Sadly to say...i think one very proven way to heal a broken heart is to find someone new...

But if you're not ready for relationship...SKA said it right...meet new people...chat with them about it if you want or just chat about anything...put your mind onto other people's things and not how sad you are

Personally i wouldn't advise drinking...cause it is harmful to you...and anyone else who cares for you...

Hope you get outta this feeling soon ^^ Good luck ^^
when the party is over and you're stuck with yourself you know, that's when death starts to flirt with you. You don't care about your health and all that bullshit. I just wanna be some place any place where i don't have to be alone.
Thank you so much guys for trying to help. Cuz right now i'm so depressed and i need to talk to somebody about it.
I too hope i can get out of this feeling

SweetSeasons

HSC
I was so depressed over my ex. so heart broken. I don't know what happen I just kind of got over him and now he's one of my best friends.
Its funny how things work out, I don't like any one at the moment, it's the 1st time i've been happy being single in my whole hormonal life. lol.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Auto Wah said:
when the party is over and you're stuck with yourself you know, that's when death starts to flirt with you. You don't care about your health and all that bullshit. I just wanna be some place any place where i don't have to be alone.
Thank you so much guys for trying to help. Cuz right now i'm so depressed and i need to talk to somebody about it.
the thing is drinking brings you to another place where you're not facing the problem, you're avoiding it. you're making yourself feel more hopeless.

you have to be strong and get through it as best as you can. focus on any reason why the person isn't for you, why it hasn't worked. it's tought but the only thing that can help is time and respect for yourself.

Auto Wah

iambored said:
the thing is drinking brings you to another place where you're not facing the problem, you're avoiding it. you're making yourself feel more hopeless.

you have to be strong and get through it as best as you can. focus on any reason why the person isn't for you, why it hasn't worked. it's tought but the only thing that can help is time and respect for yourself.
you're right, i'm trying to avoid my problems, because right now i haven't find a way to get through it. I think trying to meet new people is a good idea but it's one of those easy to say hard to do things.

I have no idea, you spend so much time and money on a girl, you listen to her talking about shit you don't care about in a milliion years but you'd just sit there keep listening pretending it's interesting. When it finally came to the stage where you're trying to hold their hand and proceed to the next step they'll be like "oh i only want to be a friend, oh i'm so confused"
WTF???

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
I've had my heart broken more times than it's been happy...wait, that made no sense...

But I know for a fact when I'm feeling bad, I'll do a combination of these...
- eat chocolate
- play the piano, and if I'm alone, write a song
- sing along to some songs at the top of my voice
- pull some almost-painful yoga moves
- write a screwed-up poem
- watch a good movie (a comedy so you have a good laugh, Shrek is nice)
- have a rich cup of mocha
- go out for some retail therapy

I'm not a fan of talking to people, unless you know for sure their intentions are completely sincere...I rather like the letter treatment - write a letter to the person concerned, telling them exactly how you feel, then put the letter into an envelope and burn the whole darn thing (release the tension). I suppose you could also try flushing it down the toilet or shredding it.

However, if you wrote a particularly "good" letter, you could do as I normally do, and write it into a notebook, which you can then look at in future. I normally find it's a lot of fun to go and read back entries from 4-5 years ago.

Auto Wah

she's not a great beauty or have great intellect. But somehow she puts joy in my life whenever i'm with her. I have never experienced that with other girls that i've known. That feeling is totally foreign to me. And deep inside i was kinda hoping she feel the same way, and we've been out you know on a couple of occasions just the two of us. And some of the things she talk about i don't really care for but i kept listening you know cuz i really like her.
She means a lot to me and now i know she only wants to be a friend kinda hurts, hurts like a fishing hook to the heart. I used to hate all that broken heart wimp love shit, but now it all starts to make sense you know.
It's easy to say "just move on with your life and do other shit to keep you busy" but it's hard to forget, the pain will come back and haunt you.

Last edited:

Auto Wah

iambored said:
for my own interest - has she put joy into your life since the first time you met her or was it as you got to know her more? i am trying to work out how to suss out a crush from something more real.

all i can say is stay friends with her. or talk to her and see why not. if she said she was confused then maybe she feels something. this isn't going to help you get over it though.
she's just so easy to get along with, i've known her for about a month or so, but it feels like i've known her for as long as i can remember. She tells me all the personal details about her, her family, her friends, her job, what are her plans for her future etc, what she likes and dislike. And i really thought there was something going on. Is it possible that i've rushed in? Cuz i've read my horoscope and it says i'm going to rush things in and i'm gonna hurt myself and i can't fight it all along that my friends will try and help me through it. I never believed horoscopes until now.

If i've rushed a bit what should i do in the meantime? just waiting for things to cool off a bit then try and talk to her??? And drink shit loads of alcohol and get fired from work for falling asleep?? i need some direction

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
ok can I just say horoscopes are BULLSHIT

if you've only known her for a month then maybe you ARE rushing her, to me time doesn't mean much, but she might feel that you're trying to rush things, and i hate to say it but maybe she feels the same, and the worst feeling in the world is unrequited love

if you drink and get fired, all it shows is that you're a weak person and it won't prove much to her. if you wanna prove yourself worthy of her, keep yourself busy and don't think about her too much. you love music - go do something with that. but don't get depressed because once you go down its so hard to come back up
Auto Wah said:
she's not a great beauty or have great intellect. But somehow she puts joy in my life whenever i'm with her. I have never experienced that with other girls that i've known. That feeling is totally foreign to me. And deep inside i was kinda hoping she feel the same way, and we've been out you know on a couple of occasions just the two of us. And some of the things she talk about i don't really care for but i kept listening you know cuz i really like her.
She means a lot to me and now i know she only wants to be a friend kinda hurts, hurts like a fishing hook to the heart. I used to hate all that broken heart wimp love shit, but now it all starts to make sense you know.
It's easy to say "just move on with your life and do other shit to keep you busy" but it's hard to forget, the pain will come back and haunt you.
i used to be the same, i was totally cynical then when i went out with my ex, i was like 'no we'll just see what happens and nothing serious will happen so if we break up its ok' but then i really fell for him which was really crap cos he didn't feel the same. what can i say? life works in strange ways. i still dont know whether i hate him or like him but all you can do is keep yourself busy, which is really repetitive and cliched, but the more you sit around and mope about it, the more you will get hurt, especially if you see them moving on while you just sit around wanting to slit your wrists, like i did.

Last edited:

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Auto Wah said:
hey i know what ur talking about. i think we all do.
i tihink meeting lots of new faces can get your mind off things(eg. instead of thinking about ur ex your thinking about this person u met today).. who knows it might even lead to a new relationship

santaslayer

HSC
Auto Wah...do you think maybe the girl's been screwing with your mind..? I dunno...from what I've read..if u've spent a shitload of money and time with the girl and the girl didn't like u "in that way"...then why didn't she tell you earlier? She must of read the signals by then? no?

I just get the feeling that she's been leading u on....

I'm probably wrong though...:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)