what to do with an arts degree? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
yeah they can be, even a photographer for weddings, special occasions, you could even work for the government and design new signs for roads etc design artwork for aircraft. there's always heaps of stuff out there, you just gotta look for it. you could even be a web image designer.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
any uni degree, shows that you are dedicated. Thus lots of retail shops want managers with a uni degree. I was at aldi once, and they were looking for people with uni degrees to recruit as store managers. (and it said any uni degree). anyways if your good with artowkr people will pay good money to hire you. If you can make good videos, effects, pretty pictures for a long time, then good luck and all the best.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
*can* is the keyword, and even then you'd have to be the best of the best in that job to earn a 6 digit figure
Getting a job is always can after doing a university degree. If you don't go looking for a job or try for one you won't get it. Even a cadetship won't secure you a job; if they don't like you, you'll be kicked and then jobless. Of course in saying this a degree more specifically tailored to a career that provides some of the skills needed to work in that field is better than a broad Arts degree. But you get what I'm saying - it's always can get a job, not will get a job.

Aquablack

Banned
HSC
Getting a job is always can after doing a university degree. If you don't go looking for a job or try for one you won't get it. Even a cadetship won't secure you a job; if they don't like you, you'll be kicked and then jobless. Of course in saying this a degree more specifically tailored to a career that provides some of the skills needed to work in that field is better than a broad Arts degree. But you get what I'm saying - it's always can get a job, not will get a job.
Except in my scholarship - it's sponsored by industries and you get 3-5 management IT position offers upon graduation

suling

HSC
I must admit that I plan on doing a dip. education after my degree....seeing as by itself it doesn't really get me anywhere =P

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Except in my scholarship - it's sponsored by industries and you get 3-5 management IT position offers upon graduation
You've been offered an industry bonded scholarship, that is different than any normal scholarship. You are secured an offer for a job.

brendroid

HSC
Wow thats very wierd, why would you do something you love if it doesnt pay well? I may love cleaning toilets all day but that wont earn me much will it?
Your use of reductio ad absurdum is not necesarilly appreciated. Perhaps some people prefer to spend three years instead of five at uni, and even if you do get a medical degree you won't necesarilly earn heaps of cash if you chase away customers by barking at them.

Aquablack

Banned
HSC
Your use of reductio ad absurdum is not necesarilly appreciated. Perhaps some people prefer to spend three years instead of five at uni, and even if you do get a medical degree you won't necesarilly earn heaps of cash if you chase away customers by barking at them.
I don't care if it's not appreciated. You're being given it so deal with it. That and rest assured all those people doing medicine are in it for the money!

izzy88

HSC
I must admit that I plan on doing a dip. education after my degree....seeing as by itself it doesn't really get me anywhere =P
You could always go on to academia- a PhD or a Masters program. Of my friends who just finished honours in ancient history, 3 are completing a Diploma of Languages before going on to Masters/PhD (to get up the latin/ancient greek in order to pursue the ancient history). :)

Aquablack

Banned
HSC
Yeah dude WTF!? Look at your atar! You should be doing a much better degree

brendroid

HSC
I don't care if it's not appreciated. You're being given it so deal with it. That and rest assured all those people doing medicine are in it for the money!
*shrug*
Isn't everyone in everything for the money though? It's what makes the capitalist world go 'round, and even then not everyone's going to get it in any profession.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
You're so self-absorbed sometimes that you can't see past the fact that some people are genuinely interested in the field; sure some are in it for the money, but I have a great friend of mine in Medicine simply going it because he's so fascinated by it all - and I'm much the same.

I honestly think that you're jealous of the fact that those in Medicine will make much more than most in the IT field. Do Medicine or Law then if you want the money...

Yeah dude WTF!? Look at your atar! You should be doing a much better degree
Your ATAR in no way should determine what path you take, that's freaking stupid. Someone could get 99.95 and love working on the farm. Not to say that my 96.20 is comparable to that rank, but I lived on a farm for a large proportion of my younger life and loved working in the fields with my grandparents. If I didn't take such an avid liking to the biosciences and medical field, then I may have taken over my grandparents farm, rather than my cousin doing so.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Aren't you two... dating? Aquawhite and Aquablack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)