• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what to do (2 Viewers)

doe

HSC
N/A
yeah sit outside the library, enjoying the second hand smoke and perving on the girlies

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
omg boinkBOINK do u happen to b curry? ... a few of my curry friends got banned today, it was just this one guy rorting the pool tables (by catching the balls and ensuring they wudnt go in), but my friends were just watching and they got banned for a week (starting monday)...tehy rnt allowed to play as they cud get a more severe ban...actually sometimes i hope i get banned so i cud stop playing frikn pool...it really does kill ur GPA as ryan said...btw i think i saw rahul/redruM on monday im not sure if it really is him...

in reference to the question, besides pool, u can go to maq centre, hang out outside(like opposite the bar overlooking hte lake) ...its really nice out there....u cud hang out at library and actually study (or watch the tv)...or u cud do what me and my friends did today, go to towers for lunch, then play pool at castle hill tavern :p

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
nah i don htink i was with them

i was down near the back table
they blocked the holes on the table
and it just so happens that in the 30mins im actually in there
lol bad luck aye
=\

roger321 said:
how would they actually enforce the ban?
they got a big picture of me with a cross going thru the middle hung up everywhere
LOL jokes
iono
they got cameras i guess

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
boinkBOINK said:
nah i don htink i was with them

i was down near the back table
they blocked the holes on the table
and it just so happens that in the 30mins im actually in there
lol bad luck aye
=\

they got a big picture of me with a cross going thru the middle hung up everywhere
LOL jokes
iono
they got cameras i guess
ohh the back table i.e the wog table ...or r u referring to the tables adjacent to the bar...
it is bad luck andgot the full sem ban, my friends got off easy with 1 week ban

i think they just recognize u or something...i doubt they have photos thats extreme :p... my friends were around the bar today regardless of the ban, and they were around hte tables when they were told not to b near them...

EDIT: Woah my 1000th post...neva thought id b on bos for this long...a sign that i procrastinate too often for my own good

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
boinkBOINK said:
just somethin with the pool tabless dawg
i just happened to be sittin like near them
and yea
shabang
lol its all over
what to do for a whole sem now oj
i cant believe they banned for a whole sem... oh well its only about a month to go dude... its all good...
just sit on the grass... and talk... everyone gives me dirtys when i go to the lounge... havnt been there much this year...

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
bars overrated but a place to be during the breaks...
im gonna get involved with my clubs ive joined...

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
yea it is overated but theres really no other place to go i guess
im not a fun in the sun sorta guy lol

whats to do at the clubs?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
dude you aint irish so the sun cant be that bad... or are you irish?
they need more seats and shit in the cafe... hell they need a good cafe at uni... a place where people can sit and talk during their breaks...

dunno... i know for the psych club... they wanna play bball... i wouldnt mind going... i need to make friends... 3 semesters in and im still nigel no friends...

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Study. At the library.
Til 10pm everyday. Except Friday. Cause the library closes at 6pm on Fridays.

X

xeuyrawp

bscienceboi said:
Study. At the library.
Til 10pm everyday. Except Friday. Cause the library closes at 6pm on Fridays.
are you asian?
I think the longest I've ever studied was 2 hours in the library. Then I gave up and went home. The place has a bad smell, like moth balls.. the smell of death.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
are you asian?
I think the longest I've ever studied was 2 hours in the library. Then I gave up and went home. The place has a bad smell, like moth balls.. the smell of death.
"Why are asians so thin?"

Anyone who visits the library upper floor would know the answer to this.

I hate the people in the library, they never learn. Someone had their phone ring three times before they decided it was too noisy. This morning some guy sat on the table next to me and kept looking at me continuoesly and it put me way off my study.

I caught one girl using the "study" computers to look up celebrity breasts. Another guy playing Yahoo! Pool. Then theres the casual first year student who doesn't see the line of people waiting for a computer and cuts in.

Another day while I was in the library the guy sitting behind me sounded like he was dieing. He kept coughing and breathing out real loud as if he was struggling to breath. He did this every 5 seconds and no exagerations. Then theres the typical guy in the toilet who thought it was sanitary enough to do a number two and walk out of the toilets without washing his hands and carrying a library book, presumably reading it while on the potty.

Theres also that one person who doesn't read the sign saying "Only select one print job at a time" and decides to stack 50 pages of Marketing Lectures. Seem all too familiar? What about this one: a phone rings and somone answers. A conversation starts but funny how it doesn't want to end. "Oh HI THERE!!!one!!eleven!!, how are ya! I'm in the library !!, blah blah blah"

It isnt even exam time and yet we have to deal with all this crap when the library isnt full. Beep beep! beep beep! "Oh no, the machine wont read my student id card! *swipe* beep beep *swipe * beep beep *swipe* beeeeeeeeep"

*Insert random loud song here*. How do people listen to bloody music and study at the same time? especially on such a high volume that everyone around them can hear it too.

So in conclusion to what I've begun. If you want to do something at Macquarie Uni then go to the library and do it, whatever it may be. That seems to be what the majority of students do so you might as well follow this trend.

*rant*

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

Why don't you go home and study, rather than expecting everyone to stop coughing/stop swiping cards/stop listening to music/stop printing too much/stop jumping in the queues etc etc?

Re: the first years jumping the queue, do you tell them that there's a line, or do you just give them an evil stare and expect them to understand, and then come on here and have a big cry about it?

And I'd only go into the library to print stuff or to look at books, if I want to study, there are much quieter and more suitable places... There are heaps of tables everywhere that are quieter in the actual library, too, you can't just go up to one of those big groups of desks, you neeed to find one not near huge numbers of people.

doe

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
if I want to study, there are much quieter and more suitable places... There are heaps of tables everywhere that are quieter in the actual library, too, you can't just go up to one of those big groups of desks, you neeed to find one not near huge numbers of people.
yeah i used to eat lunch and read a book in a tutorial room. you can always find one empty and they arent usually locked during the day.

X

xeuyrawp

doe said:
yeah i used to eat lunch and read a book in a tutorial room. you can always find one empty and they arent usually locked during the day.
Damn you, that's what I do when I don't want to go home, although I live 5 minutes away, so I generally go home for lunch...

If I stay and occupy a room, I get a few friends to come with me, as well, so I don't look sus. There are always a few open near the bridge that you cross over if you were walking between the Library and the W6A building. Just make sure you have a look at the timetable to make sure you've got an hour or two.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
W6A/B courtyard is good for quiet study.

Studying with music is easy, although i must admit those who put it up to let others hear are fucktards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)