What to drop? (1 Viewer)

bailey27

HSC
Hi,

I'm thinking of dropping Maths Ext, what do you think?

In Preliminary I took:

Mathematics
Mathematics Ext 1
English Adv
English Ext 1
French Continuers
Ancient History
IPT

I topped my year in French, Ancient and IPT.

I don't know what to take for Year 12 though, ultimately I would take:

Mathematics
English Adv
French Cont
Ancient History
IPT
English Ext 1
History Ext
Maths Ext 1
French Ext 1
=14 units

I'm not doing that well in Maths Ext and finding the workload a bit much. But my teacher says I have the potential to do really well and the right work ethic but I think the workload might drag my other subjects down?

I only want to do 12 units.

What should I drop?

sannous1

HSC
damnn girl ur doing heaps of ext classes, well drop if ur finding the workload alot, everyone has the potential to do alot of things, but if u cant manage simply drop it

sannous1

HSC
speaking of dropping, i dont wanna start a whole new thread about dropping cause theres alreadi 100,
but anyways im realli confusd between business and chem, im lik a top student in business and enjoy it heaps, my half yearlies i got 90%, yearlies not sure yet, and for chem half yrly i got 95% nt sure about yearlis either. but i dont really enjoy chem, and i fink the only reason i actually did well in the half yrly exam was cause it wasnt that hard, but the yrly i found kinda hard. and for both im rankd 2nd.
But some people tell me keep chem cause of scaling, but i dnt fink i wuld be able to get lik ova 80 for hsc at all. and business i believ i can get ova 85. but yeh they say scaling is important, then others tell me scaling is rubbish keep business,
well ill stop braging now lol
help please :(

shaka

HSC
(to bailey27) I'd drop extension maths. If you've always kinda cruised through maths in previous grades you need to either start doing regular hw in yr 12 or drop it now. I thought i could treat ext maths as the little bitch it is and do all right, but without regular work i found it would detract too much from my other subjects in trying to catch up so i dropped it before the trial. Plus ext eng is pretty cruisy, just work for the assessments and your sweet. Honestly, 10, 11 or even max 12 units is the way to go, you want a life as well

bailey27

HSC
yeh i think i will drop maths ext and french ext. i think maths workload will be too much cos i've kinda cruised along a bit in the past but it's still taken up a lot of time. french ext i could do but the workload would be like maths ext i think...

it's just hard when my teachers are pressuring me to keep them up cos i 'have the potential to do well' but i do a lot of sport and stuff as well so i wanna keep that up.

anyways thanks for the advice x

laa.musique

Executive Member
HSC
i think 11 units are fine. drop ext maths and another 2 units! then you got a good workload.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)