• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What to drop? (1 Viewer)

Eg155

HSC
I have 14 units right now and I'm kinda struggling with the workload. I also switched schools at the end of last term so I am required to catch up on the topics/modules that they did but my previous school did not or they did the topics in a different order. So, It's a lot of work.
Should I drop a subject now or continue with them until the time comes to finalise subjects for the HSC course?
I currently do:

Chemistry
Biology
English Adv
English Ext 1 (picking up ext 2 in yr 12)
2unit Mathematics
Modern History
Visual Arts
SOR 1

What should I drop if I drop now? I want to pursue a career in medicine and go to UNSW...

enoilgam

HSC
Well, what are you weakest in and what do you like the least? What subjects do you think you have the potential to do well in?

M

MichelleV

You will find arts takes up a lot of your time in y12 because of you major work. A lot of people in my grade started skipping classes towards the due date for the work :/
Also considering you want to study medicine, this seems like the subject you would need least.

I agree with enoilgam though- Look at your marks. subjects were you are already fantastic in are always the obvious choice, and those were you are doing poorly you should drop.

Eg155

HSC
I'm not weak in any of those subjects. My weakest is mathematics but I need that most definitely.
LOL Visual arts is something I will never drop haha It's the only subject I have never lost a mark in. It's like a security subject for the hsc : )
Sor is a requirement..
I was going to drop bio but I love that. Considering dropping modern but I have hesitations in that because I got 99 for it in my SC and I was =1/120 or so students.
Should I just drop bio because of it's lengthy syllabus?

enoilgam

HSC
I'm not weak in any of those subjects. My weakest is mathematics but I need that most definitely.
LOL Visual arts is something I will never drop haha It's the only subject I have never lost a mark in. It's like a security subject for the hsc : )
Sor is a requirement..
I was going to drop bio but I love that. Considering dropping modern but I have hesitations in that because I got 99 for it in my SC and I was =1/120 or so students.
Should I just drop bio because of it's lengthy syllabus?
I would probably drop modern - history in the SC and HSC are completely different anyways. For the others, I would drop the subject which you like the least and are doing worst at.

lilazna55a5in

HSC
if I were you I would drop modern history, theres a lot of essay writing in that subject and considering the fact that your doing the hard subjects like chem,bio, ext eng and eng adv it would definitely relieve a significant amount of workload. modern involves a lot of reading, memorising sources so yeah.

such_such

HSC
Unless you're a non-procrastinator doing art + EE2 is a LOT of work (stressful). But if you like/do well in them then consider dropping, I think, modern or biology.

Or you could just keep everything and see how you go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)