What UAI should I get? (1 Viewer)

thommy

HSC
N/A
lou071 said:
but this year's hsc was harder than previous years, so i guess you will be fine, high 80s to early 90s
I did 5 Business and Eco past papers, and they were definitely easier than this years, so I agree with you.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Is it possible that you perceive the 2008 HSC as 'easier' than previous years' because you have a better grasp of the content & have practiced more?
I think it's inherently subjective and raw band cutoffs won't differ greatly from previous years' for most subjects.
@ op: can you give us an estimate of your expected bands/marks for each subject? Maybe then the UAI estimates wouldn't be so varied.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
lou071 said:
people who found this year's hsc easy, what subjects did you do?
all of my teachers agreed that this year's exam was tough
All of my teachers thought this year's exams were very easy. I agree. Which doesn't bode particularly well, as everyone else I know found them easy too.

shakky15

HSC
thommy said:
Would someone please explain to me why someone (Rhanoct) has said low 70's, and two others, (Lou and Shakky) have said high 80's-low 90's?
well yes we r only guessing...

your school is ranked ok... and though your ranks are in the double digits, theres obviously a lot of people in your grade so you are somewhere in the upper area of the cohort. if the school is well ranked like urs then there should be plenty of ppl getting over 95, and you have a good chance of getting a 90..

of course, it depends on the cohorts (and your) performance in the exam itself. this really does make all the difference.

just wait until december..

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
i say high 70s-mid 80s

but ive never guessed before
so this is a first

friction

HSC
About this yr being harder and stuff it depends what tests you did like Ext 1 and Ext 2 were quiet hard as well as general whereas mathematics was easy so if u did mathematics u would be laughing and the others would be saying it was hard (for that 1 test). It also can depend on what topics you did in things like english as some were harder then others. But yeh it depends what subjects and what topics in those subjects you did whether it was hard.

And for my guess (just a guess) mid 80s.

thommy

HSC
N/A
shakky15 said:
well yes we r only guessing...

your school is ranked ok... and though your ranks are in the double digits, theres obviously a lot of people in your grade so you are somewhere in the upper area of the cohort. if the school is well ranked like urs then there should be plenty of ppl getting over 95, and you have a good chance of getting a 90..

of course, it depends on the cohorts (and your) performance in the exam itself. this really does make all the difference.

just wait until december..
Oh okay thankyou very much for explaining. All I need is 78, but 90 would be so good just for sense of accomplishment.

thommy

HSC
N/A
12 days left. My teacher said very high 80's or very low 90's. Anyway, all I need is high 70.

dp624

HSC
I'm thinking about 80 exact.keep us posted mate

thommy

HSC
N/A
82.55. I needed 78.05, so am obviously ecstatic. Thankyou everyone so much for all your help, and I hope you're all happy with your results too. :) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)