What university course would you recommend me? (1 Viewer)

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
hi, i am doing my hsc this year but i am not sure what course i should do in uni next year. my top subjects are physics, economics and maths and i think i can achieve an atar of 95. I would like to go to usyd or unsw or uts and i want to find a career path which has a good future pay of course but is easy to find a job and something i may like. I have a few courses in mind but they all have their pros and cons and so i'm still searching for something i may truly like.

Any good suggestions?

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Some sort of Engineering would do you well.

M

MichelleV

I agree.
Doing an engineering course would suit you very well.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
do whatever type of engineering that interests you -- at uts

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
hi, i am doing my hsc this year but i am not sure what course i should do in uni next year. my top subjects are physics, economics and maths and i think i can achieve an atar of 95. I would like to go to usyd or unsw or uts and i want to find a career path which has a good future pay of course but is easy to find a job and something i may like. I have a few courses in mind but they all have their pros and cons and so i'm still searching for something i may truly like.

Any good suggestions?
When you get the UAC guide, do what I did and scour every single course at every institution that you are remotely interested in - and then make a shortlist that you'll whittle down.

D94

HSC
N/A

Any good suggestions?
You could go into Econophysics ;)

What courses are you currently interested in?

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

Any good suggestions?
Not enough info given.

Where do your interests lie? What subjects interest you the most? what subjects do you hate? Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?

bladeys

HSC
N/A
B Nursing at the University of Sydney (Camperdown Campus)

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
Not enough info given.

Where do your interests lie? What subjects interest you the most? what subjects do you hate? Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
i've had my heart set on something economics related or in the medical field but i am now unsure. I don't want a job researching or trying to invent stuff so i pretty much hate construction, IT, arts etc. Ive thought about physio, dentistry, economics and acctaurials but they all have their pros and cons. I need other suggestions which i may like.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
i've had my heart set on something economics related or in the medical field but i am now unsure. I don't want a job researching or trying to invent stuff so i pretty much hate construction, IT, arts etc. Ive thought about physio, dentistry, economics and acctaurials but they all have their pros and cons. I need other suggestions which i may like.
Hmm.. I think go for the one that has more pros than cons. It's not going to be an easy option. If you are really unsure, start university with a double degree (e.g. Science/commerce, commerce/engineering) and after a year at university, you will know what you like. You can then choose to keep going with both or drop one of the degrees.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Well engineering is all about inventing / designing new products. If like like commerce go into that.

shakky

HSC
Hmm, Actuarial studies. I heard the course is really enjoyable if you like maths. Lot of careers in actuarial and economics.

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm, Actuarial studies. I heard the course is really enjoyable if you like maths. Lot of careers in actuarial and economics.
yeah ive thought about acturial studies. im pretty good with maths, i do 3unit maths and not 4unit so im concerned it may hold me back. also ive read that macquarie uni offers it and also it can be chosen as a major at usyd if you do bachelor of economics. are both of these courses the same or do they differ?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah ive thought about acturial studies. im pretty good with maths, i do 3unit maths and not 4unit so im concerned it may hold me back. also ive read that macquarie uni offers it and also it can be chosen as a major at usyd if you do bachelor of economics. are both of these courses the same or do they differ?
The only compulsory majors offered in B. Ec at USYD are economics, financial economics and econometrics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)