• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What university did your parents goto? (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Dad went to the University of Wollongong for his Master in Engineering Practise and mum didn't go to University:).

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
yeh, neither of my parents went to university.. my dad started an apprenticeship and never finished middle school i think. my mum got a job after high school. ahah kids, if you can't work your way up a company without a degree, just start your own :p

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Neither of my parents went to UNI. My Mum left in year 10, and my Dad went straight into an entry level job after he basically failed high school.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
lol butterfly wings, i reckon if you were to try and do that, they would kick your butt right?

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
lol butterfly wings, i reckon if you were to try and do that, they would kick your butt right?
Exactly! ;)
My Dad always used to go on about how it's so important to work at high school, and I always got the feeling that he was always like a top student but just didn't have the opportunity to go to UNI and go on to other things. So I always felt sort of inspired to do my parents proud and not waste my chance...but then one day, I found this report card from year 12, and all his teachers were talking about how he never turned up to class or did the work, and may as well just quit now, etc etc. Lol! Who are my parents to judge? :p

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
yeah...i guess i can understand parents wanting us to do well, for us to get opportunities they never had and all that...but i still feel as if they shouldnt judge us if we do work or drop out or whatever we choose, coz its our life, not theirs, its as if their trying to live their life through us, which really sucks butt

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
neither of my parents went.. i think they finished primary school and went no further... ahh deprived croatians
i guess if they can afford to send me to a private school and pay my internet bills we arent too bad.. u cant really do that anymore though (damn technology n shit)

bex

HSC
my dad did pharmacy at sydney uni and my mum went to teachers college in brisbane! im not really sure why though cause as far as i know, my mother has worked about 2 years total inher life!.. her parents supported her almost the whole way up until she married my dad! grrrrr

Majesty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Dingo2004
bcoz its a current trend !!
everyone wants to go uni nowdays coz its cool
hahahaha
Yeah it's a crock of shit though. :p
There's no money in being employed. Perhaps i'll get a job for 3 - 4 years then open up my own business. That's where all the 'bling bling' is. As they say.

Nah it's just now i can't wait till i finish.
I'm quite sick of uni. meh. ;)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Dingo - a few decades ago, it wasn't exaclty 'dropping out' in year 10. A fair few schools only went to year 10 - only the really gifted or the rich kids went further than year 10 - or at least in the areas my parents grew up in.

Both parents came from the bush, both went to year 10 and got their leaving certificate. Dad did an electrician apprenticship thingie, mum got herself a full time job and left home. I'm third in my extended family to finish High School, Second to go to Uni. cool, aye?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
dad...UTS before it was uts and before it was considered tertiary
So what, UTS was high school or something? It was always tertiary, it just wasn't University. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)