What was ur first day @ Uni like, Uni Students? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
i made arts friends :D

WHOOHOO!

felt great to meet and hang with new people :) now i just gotta meet the other people in my tuts. (mainly psych and sociology) cant wait till wed!!

hmm yeah admin stuff in the lec was boring, but oh well.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
meh, a bit anti-climatic

- long queue for the bus at parra station
- didn't really know anyone in my lecture
- had to do some bs writing task
- spent $400 on textbooks and weekly tickets >_<"

HSC
Uni Grad
Just had a tute, was p good.
Teacher seems fairly win, the other people aren't shit, always a good thing.

dawdlex3

HSC
Just paid around $120 for brand new textbooks... yay.
Had a lecture in Chemical Science theatre and was pretty sleepy.

Hannargh

HSC
First day was good, just had 1 hr tute (first lecture during O-Week!) then hung out with a friend for abit, then walked home for a few hours.

Later on watched 'Bad Boy Bubby' that one of my lectures put on in one of the classrooms.

M3H

B.a.n.n.e.d
HSC
The first day was awesome, because it was my day off lol, 2moro the workload should be interesting + I had a look at my textbooks and i'm actually liking it :D

t w a t

HSC
You kidding? That's the best possible time. Which is a better first impression:
Standing to the side, trying to act aloof and just coming off as scared, nervous and worried?
Or shouting "Quick! The floor is lava!"?
Or just immediately chatting up the nearest hot chick, and hence calling dibs before the other guys in the class can?

Last two are both equally awesome, depending upon personal preferences.
....haha

i spent an hour and a half waiting for my student id, forgot my timetable, was 40 mins late for my first lecture and then i went home.

.....and is it true theres no lab/tutes at unsw 1st week? i didn't miss one but im just wondering

Last edited:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
....haha

i spent an hour and a half waiting for my student id, forgot my timetable, was 40 mins late for my first lecture and then i went home.

.....and is it true theres no lab/tutes at unsw 1st week? i didn't miss one but im just wondering
Yeah. They start next week.

InterNut

HSC
Anyone regretting choosing the couse they chose / going to Uni? :mad1:

M3riJaan

Another Member
HSC
Average lectures, highlight was the computing lecturer getting pissed off because the students from the previous lecture were queing to get out half an hour after our lecture started.
Lol! i was there!!! But i sympathised with that lecturer, those, effin med students think they can do as they please....

My day was shitty, i lost my damn wallet....spent like 3 hours looking for it up and down campus. guess on the plus side theres absolutely no way i could ever get lost at UNSW.

Gmac_0

HSC
Anyone regretting choosing the couse they chose / going to Uni? :mad1:
I haven't had any lectures yet but I'm increasingly thinking I should've picked Arts/Marketing over Arts/Management lol. I'm statin to think a management degree is not particularly useful in comparison.

Monstar

HSC
YEAH MAN

UNI IS SO VIEW CHANGING , wowwww so many different people, my mind is blown etc etc etc

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
First day back was a long day. Up at 7 home at 9.30. I had to work around the timetables of the people driving. I had two hours of class, and then supervised a rehearsal, as the Stage Manager had a class on. Then down to uniBar. :)

cassiecocaine

HSC
It was just a two hour seminar for english for my first day. The teacher is win :D and I thought it was just gonna be the course outline and stuff, but we fully started the course and I was a bit blown away haha. Lucky I had a friend in the class :) And lunchtime, when its raining at UNCLE... NOWHERE TO SIT! >.<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)