What was your parents & family reaction to your UAI? (1 Viewer)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Mine were proud and pleased with my effort. They know how hard I have worked throughout the year and that I have meet and beaten my expectations. Although that being said I haven't had any pressure from my parents and I have been left to decided what mark I want and where I want to be next year.

Curious to the reactions & thoughts of BOS member's parents.

Sewwy

HSC
My parents really were surprised but then again so was I - We were expecting low to high eighties, but not the 93 I did get :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
mine are more excited than i am, which is saying something since i only stopped bouncing around on a high about an hour ago. they want to go tell everyone they can.
it's a bit over the top but at least its in a good way lol.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I made my mum cry, because I was crying over it... it was great lol :D

But she's proud I made it through...

Loz_metalhead

HSC
pritnep said:
Mine were proud and pleased with my effort. They know how hard I have worked throughout the year and that I have meet and beaten my expectations. Although that being said I haven't had any pressure from my parents and I have been left to decided what mark I want and where I want to be next year.

Curious to the reactions & thoughts of BOS member's parents.
That's exactly the same as my parents. They were very pleased.

zeek

HSC
mum is really proud lol :D but she's boasting about it to the family :shy:

P

pLuvia

Parents were stoked, little brother has a lot of work to do :p

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Guess i'll be the first to post a negative reaction...

Woke up this morning, just before 9am to access results. When parents found out they were silent. You could've tasted the disappointment in the air...

Afterwards they come back home from work. Dad still silent, exasperated, disappointed... simply, ashamed to have a child like me. And i'm ashamed to have a dad like him too, so we're even...

Mom went on and on and on for a half-hour lecture that i didn't really listen to...

And now i'm alone.

Seriously guys, is 83.65 that bad?

-P_D

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
P_Dilemma said:
Guess i'll be the first to post a negative reaction...

Woke up this morning, just before 9am to access results. When parents found out they were silent. You could've tasted the disappointment in the air...

Afterwards they come back home from work. Dad still silent, exasperated, disappointed... simply, ashamed to have a child like me. And i'm ashamed to have a dad like him too, so we're even...

Mom went on and on and on for a half-hour lecture that i didn't really listen to...

And now i'm alone.

Seriously guys, is 83.65 that bad?

-P_D
oh no :(

no offence but your parents sound like douchebags, at least on this issue. 83.65 is a great result and you should be proud.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Wow, your parents really over reacted. 83.65 isgood. Some of my friends would love to have a UAI like that

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
thenothing said:
83.65 is fine.

What do you need for your course?
I wanted 93 for my first pref, com/arts UNSW, but i can kiss goodbye to that

My second pref was econ/arts UNSW, 85 last year, but i'm wondering if the cutoff will fall for 2007.

silentprayer

silently praying
HSC
dad's response: "Oh 97.2, I guess you have been responsible for your learning." -- said very sarcastically

"so how did your friends go"
me: "well this one from ... got 99.25 and this other one from.. got 99.95 and my frd at school got 98.65..."

him: "looks like you're not among the best then, just AVERAGE"

me: .... dunno what else to say...

lachies24

HSC
my whole family were guessing around the low/mid 70's

after the results came out tho, we were all relieved and expected higher 70's mabye even 80's

UAI released and it was 60.70, dad hasnt really spoken to me, mum is ok with it, says should go to tafe anyways!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
silentprayer said:
dad's response: "Oh 97.2, I guess you have been responsible for your learning." -- said very sarcastically

"so how did your friends go"
me: "well this one from ... got 99.25 and this other one from.. got 99.95 and my frd at school got 98.65..."

him: "looks like you're not among the best then, just AVERAGE"

me: .... dunno what else to say...
are you effing serious.

you did fantasically!!!!!!!!!!

some people have weird parents.

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
Mum and Dad were happy with my HSC results, and for the UAI they expected it to be above 90 so yeh, they were generally ecstatic.

bassqueen16

HSC
after results came out i used SAM and JUAI to estimate my uai, surprise surprise it was 65.45, so i told them that and they were like oh... but then when it came out today, and WAS 65.45 they were just like well try and change your preferences to something you can get into, and hope for the best, and my mum sensed i was disappointed so she brought me home chocolates :( i dunno, i know i could have done better and im disappointed in myself... christmas is gonna be so unfun with my family now :(

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A
At least you mum is being cool about it :)
My brother got 44 or so and my sis didn't go to uni and I was the last 'hope' at going to uni being the youngest. sis's really happy with my result. Dad's overseas and mum didn't reply when I sent her the SMS. I guess they'll be happy as it gives me a chance at a scholarship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)