What will happen if i don't go to a HSC exam? (1 Viewer)

AznSupr

HSC
As you all know only our 10 best units will count towards our ATAR. My question is, do we even need to attend an exam we know will not count? (hypothetically speaking, i know we don't know whether or not it'll count but just play along :D ). Are there any repercussions for not attending an exam? Asking as, in my opinion, there would be no point attending a three hour exam the day before another exam and wasting time i/we could've used to study.
Kind regards :)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
If for example Agriculture is your worst subject, you can be away for the exam and it won't affect your ATAR if you are on 12 units.

Drsoccerball

HSC
As you all know only our 10 best units will count towards our ATAR. My question is, do we even need to attend an exam we know will not count? (hypothetically speaking, i know we don't know whether or not it'll count but just play along :D ). Are there any repercussions for not attending an exam? Asking as, in my opinion, there would be no point attending a three hour exam the day before another exam and wasting time i/we could've used to study.
Kind regards :)
My mate did that i think you just get a 0 mark for that exam.

AznSupr

HSC
If for example Agriculture is your worst subject, you can be away for the exam and it won't affect your ATAR if you are on 12 units.
Ahh thank you! I should've mentioned how many units i was doing! So just to clarify; if for example i was to have 12 units and skipped an exam, that same exam i had skipped would have no effect on my ATAR so long as i do the other exams to the best of my ability?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Ahh thank you! I should've mentioned how many units i was doing! So just to clarify; if for example i was to have 12 units and skipped an exam, that same exam i had skipped would have no effect on my ATAR so long as i do the other exams to the best of my ability?
If that subject you skipped is already the worst subject you're doing in, then don't worry, it'll have no effect on your ATAR.

Drsoccerball

HSC
However, It would suck for the guy coming last...

MrBeefJerky

HSC
Why would you skip a HSC exam after spending an entire year learning that subject? I know that it probably won't count towards your Atar but dudee 3 hours isn't a lot of study time out of a whole year worth of studying. Wouldn't you want to finish the end of the race rather than stopping short? In fact, at this final stage of the HSC, you shouldn't even be learning new content. You should know everything and everything should be revision from this point onwards. Personally I would attend the exam having the satisfaction that I completed all my subjects to the best of my ability. And if you don't attend, you could impacting your own classmates marks/atar which could be one of the deciding factors whether they get into their desired course

Flop21

HSC
lol it's just one exam... do it! Doesn't it come up on your HSC that you got a 0 / non-attempt for your exam mark, even though it doesn't count towards your ATAR??

Mathsisfun15

HSC
Can't you just go to your school and get the subject dropped now so you don't even need to sit the exam

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If you are still enrolled in the course and don't turn up without a satisfactory excuse then it will be recorded on your transcript as a 0 for the subject. It will have no impact on the other students in the cohort as you will be removed from the aligning and moderating process.

You can still withdrew from the subject - not sure how long before the exam you can do that but know a student who withdrew on the Monday for a Thursday exam. We had to complete all the paper work at school but she withdrew and her transcript has no record of her doing the subject for her HSC while another student who simply didn't turn up has a 0 showing up on his. That zero can lead to questions later on - e.g. at job interviews where they may ask for HSC transcripts as well as the uni ones as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)