What would you like to see on BOS 2005? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
funniboi said:
I think that maybe you should take away the General section of the forum for new members for the first month or so, or at least until they reach a certain post limit in the subject forum? Just a suggestion. Also turning off postcounts for all sections except the school/subject subforums.
So you're saying that people can only post in NS, l&R etc. until they can post in the school subjects? If anything, it should be the other way around. Let's not forget, that although I don't agree with it, BOS IS a SCHOOL forum, not one based on community. It was made to help you with your school subjects, not as a place to kill some time while spamming.

funniboi

HSC
jumb said:
So you're saying that people can only post in NS, l&R etc. until they can post in the school subjects? If anything, it should be the other way around. Let's not forget, that although I don't agree with it, BOS IS a SCHOOL forum, not one based on community. It was made to help you with your school subjects, not as a place to kill some time while spamming.

The General section is the section with NS, L&R, Entertainment, N&AC, etc..

the Education section is where all the schools/subjects are in.

General: http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Education: http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=405

I think you've misunderstood what I ment.. :/

edit: but i do agree with what you said about helping people study, but taking a break is also a big part in studying, so the general section , should be earned. just like after studying, you earned yourself a break. well thats what i think anyway. :/

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
funniboi said:
The General section is the section with NS, L&R, Entertainment, N&AC, etc..

the Education section is where all the schools/subjects are in.

General: http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Education: http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=405

I think you've misunderstood what I ment.. :/

edit: but i do agree with what you said about helping people study, but taking a break is also a big part in studying, so the general section , should be earned. just like after studying, you earned yourself a break. well thats what i think anyway. :/
Oh, I misread your post. My eyes are fucked up or something.

3G'sMt5:16

HSC
ohhh ok ... soryy.. i'm just a new member lember...
hehe

true ppl need to take breaks... but i dunno anyone on this forum... so i'm just usin
it for edu purposes...i use msn anyways... so no need for these slowwwwww forums hehe
I like usin forums for one purpose... cuz its soo confusing how this forum works

thnkx for that distinguising point between edu / social life

baai! - Peter tee

HSC
^ yeap .. i see it now... its in search... and then youuu... see eduacation (which covers 80% of the whole lot... and 20% is about social stuff... KEWL)

^ Well the disadvantage of this site is this... -->> I think some people dont care about talkin about work and some people just want to talk about work... hehe.
the advantages of it is this... -->> This site is VERY GREAT for a person needing the help it provides for THEMSELVES...

My judgment on the quality of this site (what i APPECIATE <-- judgment keyword!!!) is this ----> SOME people talk ABOUT the work and not actually --->>> DOING THE WORK THEMSELVES OR for eachother. Thats what makes it hard...

My reccomendation (put forward an idea/ suggestion/ POV/ argument for consideration or action) ----> SOOOO my advice is that i want a forum that would put the serious students in one forum and the non-serious ones to not go into the forum... WHICH I DOUBT IT WILL WORK

Last edited:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I'd like to see an increase in the maximum size of attachments. As it stands now, the cap for a *.pdf is 200K, but the cap for a *.zip is 100K, so you can't zip a *.pdf that is slightly over the limit, which has just caused me some problems :).

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
neo_o said:
I'd like to see an increase in the maximum size of attachments. As it stands now, the cap for a *.pdf is 200K, but the cap for a *.zip is 100K, so you can't zip a *.pdf that is slightly over the limit, which has just caused me some problems :).
that won't happen, they reduced sizes significantly a couple of years ago. Don't think they will be put back up.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Just a small change. Change the IT forum's name from "I.T stuff" to just "I.T"

Or "Technology" even (as I.T means Information technology..... i.e not games)

The word stuff just sounds silly.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
Remove the whole repping system. It's been around for a year, and I don't think there has been any success. I still don't see the point of it (and I will not refer to any FAQs to figure out the point of it).
The rep system brings in heaps of dickheads and allows for stupid threads such as "I farted", or "I'm off" or "Attention: *" in NS to gain the so-called "respect" and rep of other bos members. I think if you remove the rep system, the stupid, annoying members will complain for about a month, then get over it, and will eventually go away or post nicely. Think about it. Since the repping system has come into play, we have had thread after thread closed and we have also made all mods, not just a few mods, moderating NS, as though we're a bunch of kindergarteners not knowing the difference between food and playdough. It was never like this before. I really like the fact that lots of people are using the forums, but when you compare the users in NS to the users in, say, School forum, they are quite different and the ones not in NS are much kinder.

Meh, I dunno. I know this has most probably been said a thousand times before, but I just wanted to say something/vent. I've done my research.
aren't i nice? i often post on NS... but i take time to write adequete notes or advice for the 2005er's... I find unusual joy in answering a thread that has not even been LOOKED at and help them out, little things like, at the top of my head, word count, need for motivation, etc

Browsing through the rep I've received, there are frequent ones for constructive comments and advice... perhaps I am the only one that feels that rep actually encourages me to go doing the good stuff? The ONLY reason why I have stayed around to post notes etc? Perhaps. SO I think your point is a valid one.

I think you're right about being a lot less stupid people. But for some reason I am thinking of only 2 people that post every single time something happens, rather than the majority of the NS frequent posters.

Too bad I know it shall get rid of me... no its not a threat, just reality. That's why I havent said "or else i will leave BoS", moreso that i will just tire of it.

Meh!!!

~Stef

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
Remove the whole repping system. It's been around for a year, and I don't think there has been any success. I still don't see the point of it (and I will not refer to any FAQs to figure out the point of it).
The rep system brings in heaps of dickheads and allows for stupid threads such as "I farted", or "I'm off" or "Attention: *" in NS to gain the so-called "respect" and rep of other bos members. I think if you remove the rep system, the stupid, annoying members will complain for about a month, then get over it, and will eventually go away or post nicely. Think about it. Since the repping system has come into play, we have had thread after thread closed and we have also made all mods, not just a few mods, moderating NS, as though we're a bunch of kindergarteners not knowing the difference between food and playdough. It was never like this before. I really like the fact that lots of people are using the forums, but when you compare the users in NS to the users in, say, School forum, they are quite different and the ones not in NS are much kinder.

Meh, I dunno. I know this has most probably been said a thousand times before, but I just wanted to say something/vent. I've done my research.
thanks for that, sportsgal.

the option of removing rep has been raised in modland, even back in september last year... and we'd decided to give them another chance. they're constantly being discussed and the issue HAS been raised again... we'll keep you updated :p

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
The rep system brings in heaps of dickheads and allows for stupid threads such as "I farted", or "I'm off" or "Attention: *" in NS to gain the so-called "respect" and rep of other bos members.
As if there is any link between spammy threads and reputation. That is very much a specious argument.

corro

HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:

(and I will not refer to any FAQs to figure out the point of it).

quite obviously you have NOT done your research.

HSC
Why isnt the BOSERS responding to my needs? lol... look at my forum on the previous pages please and respond... btw

I WOULD LIKE this site to update itself every 8 mins or less in the bored of studies search forums page under the subheading of search results...

well becuase i study, i leave this page on as much as possible, so if someone reps... i can just avoid the problem of loadding up the site again...

and it'll save about 20 secs loading up the page again

thankx BOS'ERS

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
3G'sMt5:16 said:
Why isnt the BOSERS responding to my needs? lol... look at my forum on the previous pages please and respond... btw

I WOULD LIKE this site to update itself every 8 mins or less in the bored of studies search forums page under the subheading of search results...

well becuase i study, i leave this page on as much as possible, so if someone reps... i can just avoid the problem of loadding up the site again... and it'll save about 20<time(s)<80 secs loading up the page again

thankx BOS'ERS
Your writing style hurts my head. Stop writing like a conversation and think about what you're saying.

Can someone translate this?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
3G'sMt5:16 said:

well becuase i study, i leave this page on as much as possible, so if someone reps... i can just avoid the problem of loadding up the site again... and it'll save about 20<time(s)<80 secs loading up the page again

thankx BOS'ERS
that would kill the server.

besides if you use opera browser (www.opera.com) there is the option to auto reload a page.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I didnt understand it. Thats whats wrong.

HSC
What dont you understand... which part?

My other posts that i want the BOSERS to do please..:

^ Well the disadvantage of this site is this... -->> I think some people dont care about talkin about work and some people just want to talk about work... hehe.

^ the advantages of it is this... -->> This site is VERY GREAT for a person needing the help it provides for THEMSELVES...

^ My judgment on the quality of this site (what i APPECIATE <-- judgment keyword!!!) is this ----> SOME people talk ABOUT the work and not actually --->>> DOING THE WORK THEMSELVES OR for eachother. Thats what makes it hard...

^ My reccomendation (put forward an idea/ suggestion/ POV/ argument for consideration or action) ----> SOOOO my advice is that i want a forum that would put the serious students in one forum and the non-serious ones to not go into the forum... WHICH I DOUBT IT WILL WORK

ITS SO CLEAR... -_-

And in my second posts:

Why isnt the BOSERS responding to my needs? lol... look at my forum on the previous pages please and respond... . THAT was the thing ontop.. SEE IT?????

and lastly

This means...:

go in the --> bored of studies search forums page
search for your nickname which shows all your posts you done
I want this page reupdated several times..

thats IT! duhh

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
And quit using ellipsis! Either use ONE full stop or a comma. It's not hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)