What would you like to see on BOS 2005? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennille

HSC
I've noticed on the University General forum, that it doesn't have subforums for the faculties of science (only computer science or medicine) and education. Maybe subforums for these faculties can be put up (maybe science can be with medicine like in the USYD forum). :)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Tennille said:
I've noticed on the University General forum, that it doesn't have subforums for the faculties of science (only computer science or medicine) and education. Maybe subforums for these faculties can be put up (maybe science can be with medicine like in the USYD forum). :)
It's because the sciences aren't as popular as medicine, law and such.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I think science in general is more popular than computer science by the very virtue that compsci is a subset of science.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
withoutaface said:
I think science in general is more popular than computer science by the very virtue that compsci is a subset of science.
but computer science is a subset of informatics which has little to do with traditional science...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I would like to see all mods with either max rep, like the admins, or with rep disabled. This will counter the tall poppy sydrome/whinging that they all exhibit.

lonelyplanet

HSC
N/A
Help!!

HSC is coming up and I still can't get myself to study....any tips?

Kulazzi

HSC
Can we have the removal of an "auto" sign out if you're inactive for 5 (or maybe 10) minutes or more?

I started typing a long response to help someone out in the society forum and when I pressed "Post Quick Reply" I found that I had to log in again and I lost all the information I had typed up (by this time I was frustrated and logged off), there was a message saying "invalid link specified...." :cool:

jess_r_2005

HSC
anything to help with dealing with this yr, as it is so shit and cant wait for it to be over.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
jess_r_2005 said:
anything to help with dealing with this yr, as it is so shit and cant wait for it to be over.
Drugs, alcohol and sex.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Give a scroll of my recent posts, majority have been to do with the HSC. I'm not even helping in other forums, JUST education.

last 50 reps or so were of helpful nature

Im so confused!!
18th July 2005 03:41 AM
nwatts - nice work in this whole thread. you're tonnes more tolerant than i could be. keep it up.

How to study for englis...
17th July 2005 09:08 PM
kadlil - gud tip... thank u

Reflection statement
17th July 2005 04:25 PM
kami - ooh! reflection advice, coolies!

metaphor? personificati...
17th July 2005 01:34 PM
damnation - you're steph right? did u do poetry for your mw last year? mr slow showed it to us

and etc

For a while, I really felt ignored esp when reading minai's or mednez's posts about goldmembers or highly repped posters pretty much don't deserve their rep. As much as I flirt with the members and probably waste bandwidth, I still post more helpful, lengthy, in-depth posts than I do spam.

But.... i agree with the fact that certain goldmembers are fucking idiots who wont shut the fuck up about their lives and spam like hell. I am thinking of only 2 goldmembers who post threads that are neither witty nor helpful.

I'm pretty tired of this site anyway, you're right, it's a complete mess compared to when I first got here. While I was trying to help people, the thread disappeared quickly from "new posts" and filled with non-school shit.

This is a very mixed post on the issue of rep, I know. I'm not showing off with my rep, I just want to prove to you that helpful posts do get rewarded. There are people who actually do consistantly post helpful notes and advice. I can think of quite several people who do.

But the idiots who spam outweigh those who help in the site, so weighing these points up.... I'll conclude...

yeah, i finally agree, get rid of rep.

Last edited:

funniboi

HSC
lol, but having said all that, if the admins don't want to remove rep, then there is nothing any of you can do (but i have a feeling, that they will eventually remove it), seeing as how they own and run this site, and we are only here because they fork out money from their own pockets.

even if you 'agree' to remove the rep, or you 'disagree' and think rep should stay, i feel there is really no point 'weighing' points. it's not up to us what happens with some, not all of the things on the site. and i feel that the reputation system is one of them. but yeah.. anyways.........

what i'd liek to see on bos is perhaps a new theme ?? :) i don't know, im not getting sick of this one or anything, and i think its great, but perhaps change the colours and experiment alittle? *shrugs*

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
It would probably be a good idea if they removed the boxes from under your name and moved them to your profile, so you actually had to click to see them. But I'm happy with how they are at the moment.

Waldo

Hiding Somewhere
HSC
^^

jm1234567890 said:
I like the warning system at neowin, it gives people an idea of when they are on the edge of being banned.
yeah i'd like to see that but with an explanation why their so close to being banned.

btw out of randomness, i think i saw bubz on thursday *shrugs*

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
hey i dont mind if the rep system is gone...but anychance that the rep comments will be reinstated? mine was so colourful and with a lot of smilies...i miss that... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)