What would you tell your parents? (1 Viewer)

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
Riet's right. if you have a relationship with your parents where you can trust them with stuff (through telling them, duh) then that's going to help them trust you back.

sure, there are some things that you want to keep private, but EVERYTHING? what would you even talk about at family dinners (if you could be bothered even showing up). you can't expect your parents not to be nosy when you dont share anything with them. try saying something every now and again and see how they respond and give you more freedom in return
we don't have family dinners. ever.
I just don't see why I need to tell them shiz when we barely converse during the day anyway.
the only person I would tell is my stepsister.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
you guys are shit children, your parents are more likely to be trusting and more open to stuff if you are honest with them. Then again it's hard to pretend you don't have a girlfriend when she is sleeping over in your room every weekend.
tried and failed.

I have never, ever been a problem child at home. I was always studious and didn't ever drink before I was 18, was devoutly religious and incredibly obedient. The more open I became with them the worse the situation became for me because my opinions and interests changed and they couldn't handle who i had become. (I'm not even talking bad things, I mean having the exact opposite in interests like not wanting to watch reality tv all the time and not being at all catholic). I have been with my partner for 4 years, and they still do not trust me in any sense. They still expect that I will turn around and want to move back home at any given second and they dont like my sister spending any time with me.

They are controlling school teachers who will always treat their own children exactly the same way as they treat their pupils. I still am never given an opportunity to enter into what they consider as parent only discussion (this could be something as simple as where to go out for lunch) and so i don't give them that opportunity in my life either.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
That's awful.

My parents and I are pretty open with each other, I'll truthfully answer most questions they ask. They trust me to make my own decisions and have never tried to control me. I've told them, "I'm going to Japan for two weeks" or "My boyfriend and I are thinking about moving out" and they've supported it. Loves them.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i told my mother at 18 that i wanted to move out with some friends and she burst into tears and told me that i was tearing apart her family

HSC
my parents are so unobtrusive i wish they were more so cos i make some pretty awesomely dumb decisions lol

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i'm dishonest early on, so as to enable sneaking around (this is the pro of being gay, parents are never quite sure whether men sleeping over a friends or lovers), then i just switch into a more laid back, i'm not telling them anything, but if they ask i'll be honest phase

boxhunter91

HSC
I got a new gf 2 weeks ago. Last week she came over and my parents had no idea we are together. And my parents liked her. Then my mum is like you like her dont you. And told her i asked her out. So worked out in the end. Don't be afraid to be honest with them.

dydx

HSC
i tell them nothing. They always try to lecture me, even though i tell them something good.

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
Don't tell my mum all that much. Don't tell her if I get a girlfriend, or if we broke up. She yells at me for not telling her things. I didn't tell her about schoolies until 1 month or so before I left, cos I didn't want to sit through her lectures.

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
nothing really that i know they'd make a big deal out of.... they seem to find out most things by stalking my facebook anyway lol

William kamel

HSC
I hate the lecture but tell them anways, cpoz I trust my Parents. Actually my mum but not so much my dad.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
i tell them most things like where im going, who with, how my day was, bitching about things etc

i might lie about the first two. what they dont know wont hurt them

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I have more political discussions with my folks than I do personal discussions. lol.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I have more political discussions with my folks than I do personal discussions. lol.
i cant talk politics with them because mum doesnt get anything and so i have to explain like im talking to a 5 year old :(

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
i cant talk politics with them because mum doesnt get anything and so i have to explain like im talking to a 5 year old :(
Yeah, they don't always approve of my views, but they still know more about my political views than they do about my personal life.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
yeah im pretty much the same. but like im on a "if you dont ask i dont tell you" rule. lols.

but then again it gets annoying when my dad keeps asking me questions.

my parents dont know that i drink... e.g. we went out to dinner at parra the other night and i had a glass of red wine with them and my mums like "WOW SHOCK HORROR! your having a glass??!! your not that boozy aree you?"

lols. little do they know what i have drank and the fact i have been drunk. LOL.

to do with relationships, i TRY to keep it personal. but my dad is so nosey. just the other day i was on the phone to SMP213 and my dad came past my room and was like "who are you talking to?" im like.. my friend and hes like "whats his name? tell him i said hi and im a cool dad" =_= ITS A GIRL DAAAAAAAD! GAWSH
you're kidding, right?

klaris

HSC
These days, I don't really tell them much.

It is so exhausting having to sit through their lectures and talking down to me. It sucks and I can't take it anymore. They don't really trust me (for no reason) and if they are going to be so mistrusting with their own daughter than they don't really deserve to much then, imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)