What you gonna do if you fail HSC (1 Viewer)

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
!! AAA !! said:
no..no offense but all azn parents are obessed with pushing their kids toward a bright future...thats actually goood but...some times they push too far
I'm not offended or anything but i'm asian n my parents didn't push me too hard. They juz told me that as long as I try they'll be happy. :eek: hehe i guess i'm lucky but then again if i did have parents who pushed me too far i might have a uai of 90+ :D oh well.. i'm happy.. they're happy.. so it's all good

Sgt_Johnym

HSC
yer my parents are good like that 2, they say as long as ur try ur hardest blah blah there happy. Well i've got a goal that im looking to achieve so i should go alright for my HSC 05

!! AAA !!

Jackanator87
HSC
happy cup said:
I'm not offended or anything but i'm asian n my parents didn't push me too hard. They juz told me that as long as I try they'll be happy. :eek: hehe i guess i'm lucky but then again if i did have parents who pushed me too far i might have a uai of 90+ :D oh well.. i'm happy.. they're happy.. so it's all good
u sure that they are happy?.. :cool: have you already done your hsc or you are doing it this year?

HSC
!! AAA !! said:
no..no offense but all azn parents are obessed with pushing their kids toward a bright future...thats actually goood but...some times they push too far
my parents are greek and they do same thing with me and my brother/sister, it works too

Sugar

HSC
!! AAA !! said:
I wouldn't say all asian parents, probably most asian parents, certainly my parents. I have asian parents and anything less than 95 UAI would be disappointing for them. :eek:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
!! AAA !! said:
u seriouz??i've never heard that non-azn parents actually 'push' their kids:p

my parents arent asian and they push me to the ground i swear, they're both school teachers and have expectations that are absolutely through the roof.

and hence my reason to crawl into a hole and die if i fail my hsc :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
im asian but my parents arent the pushy type. Well, not completely anyway :p The only chracteristics about them that could allude to the typical "pushy asian parent" stereotype would be that:

- they were disappinted when I dropped from 3u maths to 2u
- the idea of not going to uni is incomprehensible to them ( Im going anyway cos i want to)
- my mum wasnt too happy to know that I was doing 3u history and learning about "wars and blah blah".
- I didnt do ANY sciences so they were iffy about that in the beginning (but all the kids with high UAI's did physics or chem! *wail wail wail*"

but other than that, I dont get smacked for not getting 90 on a maths test or whatever :p

fakingtheday

HSC
Sarah168 said:
im asian but my parents arent the pushy type. Well, not completely anyway :p The only chracteristics about them that could allude to the typical "pushy asian parent" stereotype would be that:

- they were disappinted when I dropped from 3u maths to 2u
- the idea of not going to uni is incomprehensible to them ( Im going anyway cos i want to)
- my mum wasnt too happy to know that I was doing 3u history and learning about "wars and blah blah".
- I didnt do ANY sciences so they were iffy about that in the beginning (but all the kids with high UAI's did physics or chem! *wail wail wail*"

but other than that, I dont get smacked for not getting 90 on a maths test or whatever :p
^^ That's bullshit. You can get UAI 90+ easily with no science subjects. My parents are like: "Sup?" and i'm like "Yo".

Whatev.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
fakingtheday said:
^^ That's bullshit. You can get UAI 90+ easily with no science subjects. My parents are like: "Sup?" and i'm like "Yo".

Whatev.
err yeah. i knew that and my parents now KNOW that lol cos i got 98

fakingtheday

HSC
congratulations. to clear something up since i'm sort of new. i don't think i'm black and actually talk like that. I'm being satirical. Werd i need to update that pic thanks.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
!! AAA !! said:
hey guys, assume that you failed HSC and are not accepted by any uni,, what will you do? tafe or work?
Fail the HSC? The horror! Aaargh!!! *flings self off tower*

I dunno WHAT i would do... probly set up a roadside stall and sell lemonade, or become a professional burglar or something

Abbeygale

HSC
Sarah168 said:
err yeah. i knew that and my parents now KNOW that lol cos i got 98
That's good to know. I was dragged into the principal's office and lectured because I didn't pick up any science in yr 11.

If I didn't get the results I needed, I'd either go into one of the lower UAI courses (maybe nursing). If my results were truly awful and I couldn't get into anything, I think I'd seriously consider becoming a Buddhist nun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)