What Your think your raw marks will be? (1 Viewer)

G

gaoOO

happyboyrulz said:
Oh btw it also depends on how hard 2004 test was...which most of you guys probably have done anyway...so post up ur comparison between this year and 2004, and there you go.
this year's was harder than any other hsc paper i've done excluding 06.

start the estimates in another thread fishy.

DJ99

HSC
I'm predicting around 68/84 (hopefully 75-80%). I just hope probability doesn't stuff me. Whats the go with people who do 4U? Do we get scaled differently for Ext1?

Oh, and whats the go with this E(number) stuff. Is it some sort of special band?

MonsterCookie

HSC
DJ99 said:
I'm predicting around 68/84 (hopefully 75-80%). I just hope probability doesn't stuff me. Whats the go with people who do 4U? Do we get scaled differently for Ext1?

Oh, and whats the go with this E(number) stuff. Is it some sort of special band?

Bands for extension subjects are different because extensions are out of 50 not 100. So you get an E and then a number...i'm not sure how high the numbers go (maybe 5?) or how many marks put you in each band though...i was actually wondering that myself...i will look it up if you give me a sec...

okay...this is off BOS from last year's paper... the % are how the percentage of kids that got in each band last year.

2 unit Mathematics Extension 1
2006 Candidature - 9053

Band E4 (30.33%)
Exhibits extensive knowledge and skills appropriate to the Mathematics and Mathematics Extension 1 courses. Synthesises mathematical techniques, results and ideas creatively across the Mathematics and Mathematics Extension 1 courses to solve difficult problems. Uses sophisticated multi-step mathematical reasoning. Interprets, explains, justifies and evaluates solutions to problems. Translates efficiently between practical problems and their mathematical model. Communicates complex ideas and arguments effectively using appropriate mathematical language, notation, diagrams and graphs.

Band E3 (41.20%)
Exhibits knowledge and skills appropriate to the Mathematics and Mathematics Extension 1 courses. Synthesises mathematical techniques, results and ideas from across the Mathematics and Mathematics Extension 1 courses to solve problems in areas such as geometry, calculus and probability. Uses multi-step mathematical reasoning such as mathematical induction. Translates between practical problems and their mathematical model in areas such as projectile motion. Communicates effectively using appropriate mathematical language, notation, diagrams and graphs.

Band E2 (19.44%)
Exhibits knowledge of the techniques of the Mathematics and Mathematics Extension 1 courses. Uses techniques of integration from the Mathematics Extension 1 course such as integration by substitution. Uses logical reasoning in numerical contexts such as problems in algebra and geometry. Applies calculus to solve practical problems. Communicates using mathematical language, notation, diagrams and graphs.

Band E1 (8.66%) A mark in this band indicates that the student has achieved below the minimum standard expected.

Last edited:

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
I know i have a few wrong already.

Maybe 70 give or take 5 marks depending on amount of errors

2u harder than 3u!!?? Well i thought 3u was harder than 4u
PTF..doesnt make sense

Last edited:
G

gaoOO

ok, i think i'll predict a raw mark of 80+/84

So far it's just the last question i got wrong, and not drastically wrong since i got the right numbers, but didn't read the question to see what it was asking for.
Otherwise, it seems ok at the moment.

oh wait, there was a question i fudged. that's another -1

Mihalaki90

HSC
I loved this test, personally i found it easy much like the 4 unit. I recon I'm around 83/84. What does this scale to? I came first at my school an am really concerned about getting a E4 band................................................................................................................................................................................................... Only KIDDING :)

roadrage75

HSC
im hoping for 83/84, if i make no careless errors.... but facing reality, i hope for 80+

deadkenedy

HSC
N/A
Well, seeing as i didnt have time for 24 marks, it's not looking good. Hopefully i'll pass.YAY

G

gaoOO

Mihalaki90 said:
I loved this test, personally i found it easy much like the 4 unit. I recon I'm around 83/84. What does this scale to? I came first at my school an am really concerned about getting a E4 band................................................................................................................................................................................................... Only KIDDING :)
only kidding about which bit?

i'm looking at a max of 83/84 assuming i make no other errors, since my fudge was apparently correct :D

matorm

HSC
80+ i think...

I thought it was great.... first time i could do the last question in a long time...

Messed up Q2 part c ii) though..... i couldnt do it, then i said 284, which is pissing me off if im one more than the answer grrr....
And i know it said round it to the nearest metre so i will probably lose 1 if not 2 marks there.........

but otherwise i dont think i made many mistakes, if any :D

Heres hoping this gets scaled to 98 or 99 :D :D :D

best of luck guys!!!

Hikari Clover

HSC
回复: Re: What Your think your raw marks will be?

i finished everything...........
but............
i.....did not see that induction question...........
so...................
i really want to cry:burn:

grkouKLa

HSC
Mihalaki90 said:

I agree with you michalaki , except i am not kidding wen i say i got that 83/84.

LMAO.
i feel like pancakes :wave:

woho

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: What Your think your raw marks will be?

Hikari Clover said:
i finished everything...........
but............
i.....did not see that induction question...........
so...................
i really want to cry:burn:
lol dont worry. i didnt see half those SHM questions.

:burn: <-- fav emote ever!

i'm sure you'll ace :)

jah_lu

HSC
N/A
i thought it was harder than usual
but couple of my teachers and terry lee said it was easier than previous years
i know i lost 3 already so max 81 but only had time to check first 1.5 q
i usually get like 10marks of errors lol but this year had less number asnwers i reckon
just have to wait till he sends me his draft of answers lol

cc =)

HSC
gaoOO said:
this year's was harder than any other hsc paper i've done excluding 06.

start the estimates in another thread fishy.
i reckon every paper in 04 was hard. This paper was ok . just needed more time

would you guys say taht ext subjects scale a lot ?

Hikari Clover

HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Re: What Your think your raw marks will be?

woho said:
lol dont worry. i didnt see half those SHM questions.

:burn: <-- fav emote ever!

i'm sure you'll ace :)
:burn: :burn: :burn:

i cant forgive myself!!!!!!

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: What Your think your raw marks will be?

wow you guys did well then.
i thought this years paper was heaps hard - so did most of the people in my grade too , mainly the last question though.

aye iono , its all over , but probably ... 60-70 somewhere is my raw score
haha yeah its not good ... but still !
:D i tried

jah_lu

HSC
N/A
btw does the board still let you do that freedom of information thing
havent heard anyone say anyting about it before
30 bucks doesnt seem bad for 5 subjects
much betta than the 20 bucks per subject to get marks re-added (and then the "nah we didnt make the mistake you're just dumb)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)