whats a good commerce major to major in comb. w/ law (1 Viewer)

addz

HSC
From personal experience, other people's mouths, etc...
i know it depends what sort of career you want but in terms of say
a)enjoyability
b)relative ease for employment and also study

is a roflcopter
HSC
a) and b) are mutually exclusive! :D

ok i dunno

addz

HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
a) and b) are mutually exclusive! :D

ok i dunno

not necessarily
you may hate it but its piss easy
(which may lead you to like it but doubtful)
:D

sugamama

Coldplay Fan
im gonna choose international business caus im really interested in that

but a lot of people do accounting or finance

go for the money son!

sugamama

Coldplay Fan
i reckon

but i guess more people are after the money than enjoyment :)

i thought uni's meant to be FUN

i already worked my butt off 12 years :)

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
i figure accounting major would b a much more practical with LLB cos its more a skill rather than a profession... eg.. .ull need it for conveyancing or any type of contract law(i think)... n if ur going for a management job later on... ur gona need to interpret the accounts etc... whereas finance is more professional kind of major in that u can build a career on it... but not useful as supplement to LLB...

heres my two cents for the day...
wot do u guys think....

addz

HSC
arts if u wanna be a judge...

commerce if u wanna earn some money

engineering if you wanna build something

though not necessarily true

RedStz

True Scorpian
Originally posted by addz
arts if u wanna be a judge...

commerce if u wanna earn some money

engineering if you wanna build something

though not necessarily true

muahahhahahahha, i like your interpretations. there is such thing as economic history major under Commerce o_O, wondering who will do that.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by RedStz
muahahhahahahha, i like your interpretations. there is such thing as economic history major under Commerce o_O, wondering who will do that.
whats wrong with economic history??

u can hardly rely on supposed economic laws to predict what's going to happen with different factors, studying history gives you a much more accurate view.. more interesting too

although i dun really know.. im trying to decide what to combine with law.. please, i am open to any opinions/suggestions

RedStz

True Scorpian
My point is ...everything is about updating and having the latest info, while this course is just plain "primitive". I dont think it will provides a "much more accurate view", I reckon it's more about the evolution of eco that happens in "Asia, Australia and Europe over the past two centuries".
Afterall, it's hard to imagine an employer hiring someone just because he/she can memorise the histories of eco. Sure you might need to know its foundations, as similar with origins of law, but I guess it's not worth doing a MAJOR on it, unless you are an eco freak and want to swallows it from head to tail

Combine law with the subjects that you will be interested in, art, science, engineering etc or if you think you are into something along the field of business (vague large area), then do commerce/law like me and take it from there.
Good luck in getting what you want :)

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
good point.. thats what one of hte ppl at the open day was saying.. u could do an English degree and still get a job in business if ur marks were high.

i mite just do social science, major in politics and itnernational relations.. taht looks pretty interesting an i cant decide on a commerce/economics major

RedStz

True Scorpian
Originally posted by Asquithian
1. employers dont really care what subjects you do ...as long as your marks are HIGH

2Many law students simply gets job by people they know ...not by their marks and not by their subjects

1st point not really true, it does not apply in ALL cases, I dont see how someone with a nurse degree can be a barrister, regardless of her marks.

2nd point - comments will be available when I experiences it/seen alot of law people that i know experience it.
"not by their marks" - that sounds very very unjust

sugamama

Coldplay Fan
i think Asq meant for each degree respectively. Of course you can't be a lawyer if you studied Nursing.

RedStz

True Scorpian
what big words? none of the words are over 10 letters except the last word, which i am sure everyone knows :) yes i am in a cynical mood, trying to tear down the seriousness of all these subjects that's all :p
*clap my hands and sway to the music*

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
if u do arts/law, is it possible to major in both politics and the general level economics major..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)