• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

whats a good graphics card? (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
supercharged said:
A good graphics card would be something which can run Battlefield 2 on maximum graphical settings and still be smooth such as a Nvidia's 7800GTX or ATi's upcoming N520 :D

anyone can obtain good or the best. the problem is the money . these cards are the latest thing out, obviously it will cost heaps more to buy

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I've changed my mind, I'm getting a 6600GT 128mb for $230 when I get paid next Tuesday.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Good choice. While both will serve you well currently I believe the 6600GT will be better in the long run. Although when the 7600 or similar comes out in the next few months, prices could drop further.

9800Pro is good, 6600GT is better.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
what made u change??

isnt 9800 pro good?
It's good, but if I decide I want Battlefield 2, or anything similar, I'll probably want the extra performance.

illodous

Angels...
HSC
Typically reseller BFG manufactor overclocked cards that come with a lifetime warranty..

I was looking at the BFG nVidia FX6800 GT they had for offer at $399, it was very good value. Basically it ran at the performance of the Ultra due to the overclocking, but about $150-250 cheaper. The only downside is that it was 128MB... I forgot the website, but punch that into Google searching under Australia and you'll find some good ones.

ASUS are also very good manufacturers.. not necessarily for the budget conscious though.

The ASUS nVidia Geforce V9999 6800 is priced at $345... it's the best priced card you'll come across, especially considering the performance it packs. It doesn't have the bells and whistles of the GT, LE or Ultra and is only 12 pipelines.. however for a budget performance card, this is your next best choice.

I try wherever possible to avoid ATI - I prefer nVidia just like I prefer AMD over Intel.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
illodous said:
Typically reseller BFG manufactor overclocked cards that come with a lifetime warranty..

I was looking at the BFG nVidia FX6800 GT they had for offer at $399, it was very good value. Basically it ran at the performance of the Ultra due to the overclocking, but about $150-250 cheaper. The only downside is that it was 128MB... I forgot the website, but punch that into Google searching under Australia and you'll find some good ones.

ASUS are also very good manufacturers.. not necessarily for the budget conscious though.

The ASUS nVidia Geforce V9999 6800 is priced at $345... it's the best priced card you'll come across, especially considering the performance it packs. It doesn't have the bells and whistles of the GT, LE or Ultra and is only 12 pipelines.. however for a budget performance card, this is your next best choice.

I try wherever possible to avoid ATI - I prefer nVidia just like I prefer AMD over Intel.
Dude you buy the product because it's the best that fits your price range, not because you're a fanboy for a certain brand :rolleyes:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Arvin Sloane said:
For what, spurious, reasoning? Because you like second rate products?
AMD shits over Intel at the moment dude

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah those FX chips are looking mighty fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)