whats a good graphics card? (1 Viewer)

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
SashatheMan said:
intel is tha bomb yaiiiii
sashatheman you have truly made my day... I found your posts more humorous than Rove Live, The Glass House and Comedy Inc put together.

my advice get yourself a Radeon 9800pro and have some money left to get 3rd party vga fan cos the card gets heaps hot. The stock fan is loud and crap.

one more qustion:
sasha wat ya smokin?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
zenger69 said:
sashatheman you have truly made my day... I found your posts more humorous than Rove Live, The Glass House and Comedy Inc put together.

my advice get yourself a Radeon 9800pro and have some money left to get 3rd party vga fan cos the card gets heaps hot. The stock fan is loud and crap.

one more qustion:
sasha wat ya smokin?

is the radeon 9800pro come with 256mbs ???

i got a shitty 9250 , but its got 256 mbs of memory, just dont want to have less, i feel inferior , even though the other card could be faster overrall.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
this might be out of place but cant be fuked starting a new thread. whats Pentium D . i saw it in the shops today

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
Intel? Flawless? Do you read slashdot?

In any case, AMD's flaky reputation belongs in the past - if anything, Intel is less stable these days with stupidly long pipelines and inadequate heat dissapation.

Memory means almost nothing on a lower-end graphics card. A 128mb 9800PRO is infinitely preferable to a 256mb 9250. I'm with whoever said to just buy a 6600GT though, it's a beautiful card for the money.

flamearrows

Last edited:

equiski

HSC
SashatheMan said:
is the radeon 9800pro come with 256mbs ???

i got a shitty 9250 , but its got 256 mbs of memory, just dont want to have less, i feel inferior , even though the other card could be faster overrall.
The amount of RAM on a graphics card isn't as important as you think it is. A 128mb 9800 will absolutely own your 256mb 9250. That much ram on a card as slow as the 9250 is near ridiculous. You gain maybe 1-3fps and a little less stuttering when you walk into a new room in Doom3. Thats it. Seriously.

BTW do you realise that you replay to more than one person in the same post. I don't know if you're one of those people who get a kick out of having a big postcount; but it just looks stupid. This isn't IRC.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
i got the worst graphics card, a G force 2....yea......... :chainsaw: gets u pretty pissed off

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
mine's a geforce2 ..... INTEGRATED

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
equiski said:
The amount of RAM on a graphics card isn't as important as you think it is. A 128mb 9800 will absolutely own your 256mb 9250. That much ram on a card as slow as the 9250 is near ridiculous. You gain maybe 1-3fps and a little less stuttering when you walk into a new room in Doom3. Thats it. Seriously.

BTW do you realise that you replay to more than one person in the same post. I don't know if you're one of those people who get a kick out of having a big postcount; but it just looks stupid. This isn't IRC.

yeh i know 128m 9800 can kick my card, but if there is a 256m 9800, its even better. so i am saying is there a 256m 9800 ????

oh and i like to make a differnt post for each person , just like that. fuk i dont cvare about post count. if i did id also care about rep , and secretly rep trade, like half the people in this forum.

equiski

HSC
SashatheMan said:
yeh i know 128m 9800 can kick my card, but if there is a 256m 9800, its even better. so i am saying is there a 256m 9800 ????
Yes, there is a Radeon 9800 Pro 256 but you will probably have trouble finding it. Remember though, while your card has 64 or 128bit DDR ram clocked at 400MHz, the 9800 pro has 256bit DDR ram clocked at 680MHz. Memory wise, its not just capacity that is importnant, it is how fast the card can write/retrieve data to and from the memory. If you must have a 256mb card, I recommend paying a llittle bit extra for a 6600GT with 256mb of DDR3 ram clocked at 1GHz.

SashatheMan said:
oh and i like to make a differnt post for each person , just like that. fuk i dont cvare about post count. if i did id also care about rep , and secretly rep trade, like half the people in this forum.
Thats a good point. It perplexes me as to why people would waste time rep trading, especially on a forum like this. Maybe they have really sad lives :'[ *crie crie crie*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)