What's a good mark? (1 Viewer)

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Sigh...

Dumbarse!

I know it's irrelevent, but in knowing this, it might motivate me to never go wrong with it - also, it's just out of interest, you dumbarse. (i reckon you must get that a lot, yuh jackass, hehe)

-CHUDYMASTER-
Chudy brings curry, curry brings wisdom, wisdom is Chudy.

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
HA!

Hardly irrelevent and anyway, originally, I didn't even want to know that, I just wanted to know how the Simpson rule was derived, but now I know.

There's nothing wrong with taking an interest in your subjects.
And so what if I'm not in year 12?

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
Hmm...

His mum eh? Yeah, I wonder what she was doing while he was drawing triangles. And, yeah I already have given it a rest. I'll never know it seems. I was destined not to know.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I don't think Pythagoras saw much of his mum... I believe they had some kind of a religious misunderstanding. Pythagoras was actually the leader (or a high-ranking member) of a cult/religion and used to travel and preach - he drew triangles and so on to calculate the distance to his destination.

Or something like that.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
I don't think Pythagoras saw much of his mum... I believe they had some kind of a religious misunderstanding. Pythagoras was actually the leader (or a high-ranking member) of a cult/religion and used to travel and preach - he drew triangles and so on to calculate the distance to his destination.

Or something like that.
I've just lost all respect for him (Pythagoras) now ...

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by BlackJack
I would've told you Pythagoras was cult :D, but I thought you knew... ancient greeks aren't really that much into pure academia.
Yeah, well, I did know. I've got a book...

Aparently they couldn't eat beans ...

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
Cult aye?

Sounds interesting. See, maths is what you make it! Too bad they'll never test you on that... :(

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Well, you never know - if they decide to reform the mathematics syllabuses in the same way that the physics syllabus was reformed, in a few years time you might be asked to write an essay on the places Pythagoras visited whilst at the same time evaluating the impact his rule had on the mathematical world. :p

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
True, but....

Learning about mathematicians is only amusing once you've looked at one of their lives. After one, they all become the same - donkeys, voodoo cults, blah blah blah...

Jellymonsta

you have seen the light chudymaster :D
i deny the possibility of any serious mathematician having had an interesting life. :grinshak: it just does not work that way.

Doylie

so aaaaaaaaaaaaanyway.........

what mark do you need for 3unit maths (considering i do 3unit not 4unit) to get scaled into the 90's?

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
Well, you never know - if they decide to reform the mathematics syllabuses in the same way that the physics syllabus was reformed, in a few years time you might be asked to write an essay on the places Pythagoras visited whilst at the same time evaluating the impact his rule had on the mathematical world. :p
I'm told that they tried to go along those lines and the maths teachers association fought them off because they are more powerful that the science teachers' association. This is from both my maths and chemistry teachers so it must be true ;).

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Doylie
so aaaaaaaaaaaaanyway.........

what mark do you need for 3unit maths (considering i do 3unit not 4unit) to get scaled into the 90's?
Depends on your school assessment, but something in the 70s (out of 84) would be a start I guess.

Doylie

My schools assessment rank was 25th out of 55 (i go to a Normanhurst Boys i.e. selective, and we have two 3 unit classes and one 4 unit class if that helps (there are 23 4 unit students if im not mistaken))
I guess my average mark is about high 70's, mid 80's (%).. Any idea how my mark would turn out if i got about that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)