What's Cheating? (1 Viewer)

jessied

HSC
Not sure if there's been a forum like this before but what do you define cheating as?? Touching? Kissing? Sex? Oral sex? Something else? And what would you do if your gf/bf cheated on you?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Under normal circumstances I'd say minimum for cheating would be kissing. But if I had a girlfriend who was constantly hugging another guy for long periods of time I would consider that cheating aswell.

santaslayer

HSC
The moment the person thinks about or starts to like another person. That's already cheating. Except you can't figure that out. :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Its pretty clear cut what the fuck cheating is isnt it? If you need to ask the question, then you've probably cheated. (generally not specifically at the topic starter)

jessied

HSC
AsyLum said:
Its pretty clear cut what the fuck cheating is isnt it? If you need to ask the question, then you've probably cheated. (generally not specifically at the topic starter)
Thanks, and no I HAVEN'T cheated on any of my bf's. I was asking the question because to one of my friends kissing wasn't cheating but to another a guy feeling another girls boobs was cheating. I suppose that its specific to the people/situation.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha not really, kissing is cheating. Feeling up another chic would probably be cheating. The intention is to subvert the current relationship. Could go on further, but theres plenty of threads on it.

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
cheating reply

as long as no one gets hurt and no one feels guilty then its not cheating

pashing someone with your boyfriend not caring, with no guilty feelings attached, and it being in jest, would not necessarily mean you are cheating. It just depends on the situation and the people involved. I'm not suggesting I go around pashing every guy and girl that i meet either, just because its 'in jest' lol, BECAUSE I DONT... :)

Last edited:

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
kaiser reply

Actually i've never cheated, by any one's definitions of cheating so far in this thread. I 've never wanted "cheat", but im not going to judge other ppl for doing it if it causes no one any harm or guilt :)

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
cheating is a pretty flexible word..it is different for everyone. I peck heaps of guys like on the cheek, and i dont think anything of it so i wouldnt ever expect my boyfriend to think it was anything to be worried about, but then i sympathise, if he kissed another chik on the cheek i would be pretty paranoid, wouldnt like it much. But im also a flirt, and he lives with that, i would never cheat on him, i did when we had been together for about 6 days, and i slept with the guy, and its the worse feeling in the world i couldnt do it again. Kissing, like on the lips, pash or peck, i would be very extremmely pissed about, but then again, if i did it, i wouldnt want my bf to be worried coz he is my only boy i want:)

i dont know what cheating means..the dictionary says:"to decieve; practice deciet to gain advantage"....so maybe we should check with our partners what they classify cheating before we acknowledge someone else of the opposite sex..

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
pRiNCesS..!! said:
cheating is a pretty flexible word..it is different for everyone. I peck heaps of guys like on the cheek, and i dont think anything of it so i wouldnt ever expect my boyfriend to think it was anything to be worried about, but then i sympathise, if he kissed another chik on the cheek i would be pretty paranoid, wouldnt like it much. But im also a flirt, and he lives with that, i would never cheat on him, i did when we had been together for about 6 days, and i slept with the guy, and its the worse feeling in the world i couldnt do it again. Kissing, like on the lips, pash or peck, i would be very extremmely pissed about, but then again, if i did it, i wouldnt want my bf to be worried coz he is my only boy i want:)

i dont know what cheating means..the dictionary says:"to decieve; practice deciet to gain advantage"....so maybe we should check with our partners what they classify cheating before we acknowledge someone else of the opposite sex..
basically, hey i can flirt around like the village bike and i expect him not to care, but if he even looked at a girl in the slightest, id cut his balls off.

Kaiser Zero

Banned
HSC
Yeah, taking some sort of interest in anyone else is pretty much cheating right there.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
cheating is the doing of relationship-related acts with another person who is not your partner, with the intention of doing said acts with a non-partner or reckless as to whether the acts are done with a non-partner.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
pRiNCesS..!! said:

so you can get away with flirting and sleeping with another guy (even though you would "never cheat on him"), but your boyfriend can't kiss girls on the cheek hello?

anyway, to me, anything more than hugs and friendly pecks - that is intentional - is cheating.

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
bubz :D said:
anyway, to me, anything more than hugs and friendly pecks - that is intentional - is cheating.
I agree. What do you guys think about the drunk/stoned excuse? If your partner ever cheated on you when they were drunk would you consider that the same as regular cheating or take it into consideration that they were less likely to control their actions? Personally i'd think the former but just curious :)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Depends how much you are in 'love' with the person and willing to forgive i imagine
even if i really really loved him, it'd be obvious to me that he doesn't feel the same way. if that person really loved and cared about you, then why would they want to hurt you (by cheating?)

i've talked to people who have cheated, some who have regretted and others who couldnt' give a shit, and they've said that it's easy to get caught up in the moment. i guess i won't know unless it actually happens to me (ie, i get "caught up in the moment").

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)