Whats everyone up to lately? (1 Viewer)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Supra said:
Has it been proven that Wii Fit is a legitimately effective form of excercise? Sounds awesome, coz it's hard to have fun at a gym
half the games are more stretch-like exercises (which are cool). I don't know if it has been 'proven' but some games are surprisingly demanding, namely jogging and boxing, and it feels that your getting a good work out.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
half the games are more stretch-like exercises (which are cool). I don't know if it has been 'proven' but some games are surprisingly demanding, namely jogging and boxing, and it feels that your getting a good work out.
It was designed with Sumos in my mind apparently. My brother has a Wii...love the boxing

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Supra said:
Has it been proven that Wii Fit is a legitimately effective form of excercise? Sounds awesome, coz it's hard to have fun at a gym
Quite the opposite from the literature I've been reading, its not a replacement for the gym like others have said, but it helps promote activity and stretching which is always good.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Supra said:
i think wii is okay for excercise... it annoys me thaat i can be playing wii for an hour... and feel like i haven't had a proper work out ... at the end im like damnnit i should have just gone to the gym! haha

But i think if you stick with boxing (wii sports), hula (wii fit) and jogging (wii fit) .. it can increase your heart rate to at least the fat burning range. I think Hula gets your heart rate up the most. I agree with you MJ hula is awsome!! ... whats your highest spins? have you unlocked the super hula? I hate hula-ing to the right :S.. soo hard! haha

I do wii when i i dont want to go to the gym or i don't want to do a tae bo work out lol... or if i've just eaten a big meal and can't work out intensively but feel like i should do something.

I think all in all.. the wii is better than nothing and there are definately a few programs on there that can help increase your fitness. Ihe good thing is that it's fun.. the bad thing is that it takes a lot longer to get the same workout you would have gotten if you just did the excercises normally.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
haha I agree that hula-ing to the right feels totally wrong! Super hula is great, but it makes me so tired and un-co afterwards. I think my max is around 350 for single, and 900ish for super (I'm not sure why I'm better at super.. you'd think it would be even?)

I did the island lap last night and had a burn rate of 97% which i thought was pretty impressive! (not that I understand fat burning and all those things).

Supra, the wii fit is good for me because I am lazy and don't go to the gym.. my exercise prior to the wii fit consisted of the odd walk and some yoga. For me, it makes exercising fun and passes the time much faster. I'm loving doing 30 minute free-step while watching TV; the other day I did 3000 steps - thats 30% of the daily requirement done while watching Friends! :D

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
MaryJane said:
haha I agree that hula-ing to the right feels totally wrong! Super hula is great, but it makes me so tired and un-co afterwards. I think my max is around 350 for single, and 900ish for super (I'm not sure why I'm better at super.. you'd think it would be even?)

I did the island lap last night and had a burn rate of 97% which i thought was pretty impressive! (not that I understand fat burning and all those things).

Supra, the wii fit is good for me because I am lazy and don't go to the gym.. my exercise prior to the wii fit consisted of the odd walk and some yoga. For me, it makes exercising fun and passes the time much faster. I'm loving doing 30 minute free-step while watching TV; the other day I did 3000 steps - thats 30% of the daily requirement done while watching Friends! :D
MJ that is really impressive! well done 97% burn rate :) Do you keep the wii in your pocket or do you hold it? I tend to hold it because i usually don't have pockets.. my burn rate is usually around the 70% mark lol. I love the island lap too!

And 350 for single hula! thats crazy! haha... the most i've gotten is 303 haha ... my little cousin got around 350 for hula though, im still trying to beat that score!

I like the boxing.. my arms get soo sore.. i think my arms are the most unathletic things of my body. I like doing the muscle stretches.

Hula, jogging, tennis, baseball, (wii sports)

Ooooh and whats the free-step.. i don't think i've done that before?!... i dont like the steppy-rythm ones.. but if u just stepping up and then down.. that would be an awsome work out. Do i have to unlock that???

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I think you should just play Guitar Hero III while playing Dance Dance Revolution *nods*

That'd burn some uber calories and make you suitable for the next Australia's Got Talent!

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Guitar Hero 3! *drools* That is my next Wii acquisition :D My brothers have it on Playstation and that is seriously the best console game ever. It makes me feel talented.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
I want to use Guitar heroes 3 for my ressearch project (training sustained attention). I have the wii version - its great. only bad thing is that some songs can only be played in coop (i.e. suck my kiss from red hot chilli peppers, and reptilia) and not in single player :/

With the boxing - i meant the boxing for wii-fit, not wii-sports. the former can get quite hectic.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
So can the latter, especially after a few drinks!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
I want to use Guitar heroes 3 for my ressearch project (training sustained attention). I have the wii version - its great. only bad thing is that some songs can only be played in coop (i.e. suck my kiss from red hot chilli peppers, and reptilia) and not in single player :/

With the boxing - i meant the boxing for wii-fit, not wii-sports. the former can get quite hectic.
i have guitar hero III! Funny that..because my cousin just came home with it this afternoon!

first impression : i totally suck :( lol

i like the wii fit better..*off to go watch my boyfriend do muscle exercises*;) haha

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
i have guitar hero III! Funny that..because my cousin just came home with it this afternoon!

first impression : i totally suck :( lol

i like the wii fit better..*off to go watch my boyfriend do muscle exercises*;) haha
That game requires so much attention! It would be a great example to use for my project, but it would be great if they had modes where you use a lot of divided attention...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
How bout Ikuraga, with its mode switching!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
4:50 am...lol I'm fucked for work

X

xeuyrawp

Lol at the cheap shot at the site - Agnes Bosanquet was probably just wounded by someone here pointing out that one of the staff members that she trained is shit.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Rofl, its more like your usual top down flight shooter thing, ala Raiden, 1942, but the difference being unlike those games where the enemies bullets hurt you, Ikuraga features a function where your ship, depending on which colour it is, can absorb your opponents bullets.

There are two main ones (black and white) and the trick is to a) memorise the attack/spawn pattern of the enemies, b) watch for the colours, as stacking and absorbing colours charges you up, c) different colours do 2x damage on opposing fighters, d) its also somewhat a 'rhythm' game, as you can build up combos depending on the colour of opponents killed/your ship's colour.

Peartie

HSC
all ive been doing is hanging around germany :)

woot for exchange!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)