Whats going on with HECS ? (1 Viewer)

terminator69

HSC
for 2, if you take a loan for it, you don't need to pay it back until you earn more than approximately 40k p a , once your income exceeds that, a small percentage of your income will be used to repay the loan(full amout), which does not generate interest, but will be adjusted according to CPI
What is CPI? I got a letter the other day saying my hecs amount had been increased by ~$150 and they used a fancy word for "interest" to describe it. I always thought it was an interest-free loan, which is bs.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
The only thing that changed was that the discount for people who payed their fees upfront was lowered. An inquiry showed that of those people who could actually afford the fees upfront, only about 20% were of low socioeconomic background (and this is who the discount was intended for). So the failed idea is being phased out.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
What is CPI? I got a letter the other day saying my hecs amount had been increased by ~$150 and they used a fancy word for "interest" to describe it. I always thought it was an interest-free loan, which is bs.
It's adjusted for inflation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)