What's good to do at USyd? (1 Viewer)

gerhard

HSC
i want to go down into the gould basement where theres all the records (40,000 records according to the sign) but ive been too scared to because im pretty sure the owner is insane.

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
* Try to help Stazi resolve some of his issues ... or, alternatively ...

* Vist one of the Museums? (My choice would be the Nicholson)

* Go for a walk through Glebe - it's a classier version of Newtown, with more cafes and bookshops (please, Goulds is a pigstye ... Mr Gould could make a motza if he shut down for a week, cleaned eveything up and put in a couple of air fresheners)

* Play tennis

* Forget Manning ... sit in the shade of the Holme building courtyard with a glass of white wine and read the lastest edition of Honi

* Take a picnic and sit in on the grass in the Quad while the carrilon is being played (tuesday and wednesday afternoons??? better check)

* Lie in the dappled sunlight under the Jackaranda in the Quad and read Plato (... only kidding)

* Try to sneak into Women's and have some *fun* with the lovely ladies to be found therein

* Make love to a gargoyle

... the list is almost endless

Just beware: the exams start next week, so if you obstruct students' paths while they are 'fragile' you will get death stares and/or actual killiness (espeically if it's a Law III student going to the Ethics examination on Tuesday morning ...)

Hope you have fun :) Wear classy clothes - I suggest thongs, an old singlet (preferably one with some obscene statement on the front or/and back) and holey stubbies. You'll fit right in! :) :D :)

walrusbear

HSC
gerhard said:
i want to go down into the gould basement where theres all the records (40,000 records according to the sign) but ive been too scared to because im pretty sure the owner is insane.
if the owner is that dude with the white beard then yeah, he seems a little creepy

stazi said:
^Most cliched list ever.
Gayest too.
what does a person such as yourself suggest, then?

walrusbear

HSC
ManlyChief said:
* Forget Manning ... sit in the shade of the Holme building courtyard with a glass of white wine and read the lastest edition of Honi
was the last issue of honi even printed??
wk 13 issue never came out... or maybe disappeared in a flash.
did anyone see it?

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
walrusbear said:
was the last issue of honi even printed??
wk 13 issue never came out... or maybe disappeared in a flash.
did anyone see it?
it was printed 'hx' a (very, very good) spoof of that free mx crap newspaper.
i think it was the best edition all year. except for the iraq 'fashions from the frontline' thing ... that was sick.

gerhard

HSC
the front page of the honi was so classic.

Ok I cant find it anymore, but it had a picture of an iraqi carrying a young (12yo maybe) iraqi girl in his arms, and you could see that her foot had been blown off and their was all bone potruding and shit.

And then the caption was something like 'Zahegrab has just won the 200m dash for the second year in a row at the Iraqi paraolympic games. Go Zahegrab!'

so fucking funny

walrusbear

HSC
fucksticks :(

maybe it just disappeared quick
sounds like they actually made an issue worth reading

gerhard

HSC
the issue wasnt actually that good. the front page was the only good thing. most of the fake articles were kinda lame

there were heaps of fake advertisements for the liberal party.
the front page one just said "vote liberal' - sponsered by the liberal party canberra

gerhard

HSC
the 'Dude Where's Bob Carr?' cover was pretty good.

thats about all i liked all year. and bomber watch of course.

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
gerhard said:
the 'Dude Where's Bob Carr?' cover was pretty good.

thats about all i liked all year. and bomber watch of course.
I've put the back page of "hx" up on my door.

gerhard

HSC
goulds book arcade

walk along the road that goes underneath wentworth bridge, in the direction of newtown. not too far along on the left side you'll come to goulds book arcade, a fucking huge second hand book store. its run by this crazy guy who has a couple of cats crawling through the place, all the shelfs are falling down and if you go the very back of the store it just turns into a wall of books. the whole place is a complete mess. there would be tens of thousands of books buried in their though, easily.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Liberal Scum said:
I've put the back page of "hx" up on my door.
Haha. I thought that was really good. Loved the fake government ads.

I've actually scanned the fake CityRail advert and I'll be posting it up in a few select stations...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)