What's good to do at USyd? (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ujuphleg said:
Haha. I thought that was really good. Loved the fake government ads.

I've actually scanned the fake CityRail advert and I'll be posting it up in a few select stations...
can you post it up here :)

gerhard

HSC
oh yeah that rugby league article was pretty good too

melbournian

mexian expat
HSC
ManlyChief said:
it was printed 'hx' a (very, very good) spoof of that free mx crap newspaper.
i think it was the best edition all year. except for the iraq 'fashions from the frontline' thing ... that was sick.
MX spoofs are so 2000/01. My school newspaper (the 'Sentinel') did that ages ago, back in the days of MX and Melbourne Express. Very very old. Its intresting that they never changed the name of MX to SX.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
melbournian said:
MX spoofs are so 2000/01. My school newspaper (the 'Sentinel') did that ages ago, back in the days of MX and Melbourne Express. Very very old. Its intresting that they never changed the name of MX to SX.
a lesson in newspaper history :)

melbournian

mexian expat
HSC
stazi said:
a lesson in newspaper history :)
There was Melbourne Express produces by Fairfax in the mornings (although it didn't have all the colour of MX), than there was shitty MX in the arvo's by News Ltd (nothing but pictures. Mind you, I'd rarely read either, both are pretty trashy.

I see the problem with it, is how much litter they create.

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
melbournian said:
Something that has only entered the culture this year cannot, by definition, be "so 2000/01". Given mx launched in Sydeny only this year I think the allegation that the spoof is passe is unfair.

jellybeenz

HSC
ManlyChief said:
Something that has only entered the culture this year cannot, by definition, be "so 2000/01". Given mx launched in Sydeny only this year I think the allegation that the spoof is passe is unfair.
Thats just what I was thinking.............

jellybeenz

HSC
I didnt know melbourne had mx... and well its relevant to spoof mx here in sydney this year because it only came into existance this year here, well thats what i think anyway....

If manly was just trying to be a dick to melbournian then fair enough.

Edited to add- There was a post I was replying to but I guess its gone now...

Generator

HSC
N/A
Crap, I hate it when people actually respond to my posts :(.

I cannot help but think that manly is only attempting to argue the point because he believes that melbournian insulted him in some way, but I'm sure that he'll contest such an idea :).

Edit: Yes, as a paper mx has only recently appeared here in Sydney, but you cannot just ignore the fact that it has been in circulation down in melbourne for some time, that was appears to have been the crux of melbournian's point.

Last edited:

ManlyChief

HSC
jellybeenz said:
If manly was just trying to be a dick to melbournian then fair enough.
What is that suppose to mean?

I don't appreciate these kind of suggestions.

EDIT: If replying to a post with such obviously inflammatory suggestions, the prudent thing (and the least you could do) would be to actually quote the post to which you are replying ...)

Generator

HSC
N/A
ManlyChief said:
What is that suppose to mean?

I don't appreciate these kind of suggestions.

EDIT: If replying to a post with such obviously inflammatory suggestions, the prudent thing (and the least you could do) would be to actually quote the post to which you are replying ...)
I deleted a post. jelly was responding to it.

ManlyChief

HSC
Convenient.

I wish I were so unscrupulous as to post inflammatory material on here – possibly casting aspersions on fellow members – encourage debate on the matter and then have the post promptly deleted before the target of my cowardly attack had the opportunity to exercise a right of reply.

jellybeenz

HSC
ManlyChief said:
I have learnt my lesson- I shall always quote in case of posts being deleted. :)

Generator

HSC
N/A
ManlyChief said:
Convenient.

I wish I were so unscrupulous as to post inflammatory material on here – possibly casting aspersions on fellow members – encourage debate on the matter and then have the post promptly deleted before the target of my cowardly attack had the opportunity to exercise a right of reply.

Ah, if you bothered to look, you would have noticed that I actually reposted the part of my post that dealt with your apparent need to contest melbournian's post (I thought that it was the right thing to do).

I also deleted the post before jelly had responded given that I sought to avoid such a confrontation, but as is now quite clear, I didn't detract my statement soon enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)